Shock and Awe: Achieving Rapid Dominance

Deltapooh

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
For those interested, "The Shock and Awe" Phase of the campaign we are seeing is actually originated as a concept written in 1996. The book is available free online.

I recognized three of the names that appear as co-authors. Chuck Horner was the Air Component Commander for CENTCOM during the 1990-1991 DESERT SHIELD/STORM Campaigns. Fred M. Franks commanded VIIth during DESERT SABER and later TRADOC. Finally, Johnathan Howe was the Special Representative to the UN Secretary General in Somalia. Keith Brendley sounds familiar, but I can't exactly place him in my mental history index.

kid kool

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Originally posted by Deltapooh
For those interested, "The Shock and Awe" Phase of the campaign we are seeing is actually originated as a concept written in 1996. The book is available free online.

I recognized three of the names that appear as co-authors. Chuck Horner was the Air Component Commander for CENTCOM during the 1990-1991 DESERT SHIELD/STORM Campaigns. Fred M. Franks commanded VIIth during DESERT SABER and later TRADOC. Finally, Johnathan Howe was the Special Representative to the UN Secretary General in Somalia. Keith Brendley sounds familiar, but I can't exactly place him in my mental history index.
Thanks for the link. That was a great read.