ASL producers I will never play or buy from again.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
I am impressed with your ability to spawn an umlaut from a mere English keyboard.....
Set your computer to use the US international keyboard instead of standard US. Ümläüts ärë ëäsÿ.

JR

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
I am impressed with your ability to spawn an umlaut from a mere English keyboard.....
Being from Ireland the keyboard layout is identical to England and I use the "United Kingdom Extended keyboard" as my default mapping under Windows. Then to get "ü" I combine 'alt-gr'+'double quote' followed by "u". I'm sure there is a US equivalent extension (United States-International?). The one character that occasionally I have to go to Character Map for is the degree "°" character.

While the above mappings don't cover everything, the associations are simple, alt-gr+double-quote gives you umlauts, single-quote gives an acute accent, a "^" gives circumflex, etc. Basically look for what looks like what accent you are adding to the character, then press alt-gr and that accent together, release and then press the character which you want to add the accent to.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
On the US international keyboard the "alt-gr" key is the right alt key. It's probably that on the UK extended too. Although one can go to a "picker" for characters not on the keyboard, I usually just type in the unicode code. Start with ctrl-shift-u, followed by the hex code, followed by the enter key. So for instance, degree=00B0 (°), ellipsis=2026 (…), dagger=2020 (†), star=2605 (★; there are actually many stars; this one is useful for ASL), and asterism=2042 (⁂). I have these ones I use frequently written on a piece of paper next to my computer.

JR

Spencer Armstrong

Canard de Guerre
Reaction score
First name
Spencer
Country
llUnited States
Being from Ireland the keyboard layout is identical to England and I use the "United Kingdom Extended keyboard" as my default mapping under Windows. Then to get "ü" I combine 'alt-gr'+'double quote' followed by "u". I'm sure there is a US equivalent extension (United States-International?). The one character that occasionally I have to go to Character Map for is the degree "°" character.

While the above mappings don't cover everything, the associations are simple, alt-gr+double-quote gives you umlauts, single-quote gives an acute accent, a "^" gives circumflex, etc. Basically look for what looks like what accent you are adding to the character, then press alt-gr and that accent together, release and then press the character which you want to add the accent to.
There are hotkeys for all the "modified vowel" special characters, easily located via character map. With a daughter named Zoë, I find Alt+0235 especially useful. :D

@Jon H: No, I have better sense than to lay odds on forces of nature. :p

S

Tater

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
That's a bit modest...the support is fabulous, as are the products.

On topic, I've bought and played lotsa Lone Canuck stuff. Most of it is very good or excellent.

indy
What about the St.Lo pack?

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
The Mila 18 thread has found a cousin
We are far away from debating about a scenario based on a genocidal crime (even though it depicts a partisan fighting which never occurred, in place of the outright machine gunning of civilians).