ASL producers I will never play or buy from again.

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm not clear on why everyone is so keen to sell things to Tater that he doesn't want to buy. Do you all get commissions? 'Cause I don't. Just sayin'.

JR

Tater

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Don he is not listening. But for those that are, you left Dispatches from the Bunker off your list...there with FrF/SP...
Not listening to you...maybe you should try reading actual posts instead of reading into them.

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
Jesus what a fucking shit show this thread is.
Well, it did start as a Holst rant.....just what were your expectations?

Then Tate makes a big splash on his comeback after a long hiatus and....viola!

We got us a shit show..... (sung to the rap of "We got us a convoy")

Got to admit, it wuz nudging dangerously close to boring around here lately.

Last edited:

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Not all of LC's stuff is bad but they are not of the same caliber as say MMP or BFP in quality. But I did think Bloody Buron was a decent little HASL but it might be tough on the SS due to not having enough initial forces to fend off the massive brit armor and infantry attacks.

I do agree with you on frf, sp and RP stuff, not fun to play, heavily scripted, basically a design philosophy I do not like. For example, I plan to go to the ASL Open, so today I am playing DTF Art of War with my buddy Rich, this scenario does not look like it will be much fun to play due to a ton of HIP red chinamen hiding on the board and the nationalist chinamen have to run around trying to root them out since the scenario is a "take x number of buildings" scenario.

Scott

I have played "Crossing The Morro"...I thought it was an Awesome CG. The only reason I haven't purchased some of their stuff is that I had ordered RF, Hatten, Deluxe ASL redux and the 2nd MAP bundle. I am afraid my old lady will crack my skull if I drop some more cash on ASL. They are high on my list once I get the aforementioned items taken care of.

Besides "Crossing the Morro" would you recommend any of their other products that contain CG's?

Friendly Fire
Rally Point
Schwerpunkt

I have tried these guys before...nothing wrong with their products but I didn't like their style of scenarios.

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Not all of LC's stuff is bad but they are not of the same caliber as say MMP or BFP in quality. But I did think Bloody Buron was a decent little HASL but it might be tough on the SS due to not having enough initial forces to fend off the massive brit armor and infantry attacks.

I do agree with you on frf, sp and RP stuff, not fun to play, heavily scripted, basically a design philosophy I do not like. For example, I plan to go to the ASL Open, so today I am playing DTF Art of War with my buddy Rich, this scenario does not look like it will be much fun to play due to a ton of HIP red chinamen hiding on the board and the nationalist chinamen have to run around trying to root them out since the scenario is a "take x number of buildings" scenario.

Scott

I will jump in a little on LC's behalf:

Purple Heart Draw is a very good product
A buddy and I are playing through the LSSAH series and most of them have come down to the final turn -we are on LSSAH 17 right now. No bug hunts so far and a good mix with night, seaborne assault, exc.

Tater

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well, it did start as a Holst rant.....just what were your expectations?

Then Tate makes a big splash on his comeback after a long hiatus and....viola!

We got us a shit show..... (sung to the rap of "We got us a convoy")

Got to admit, it wuz nudging dangerously close to boring around here lately.
Seriously? You guys think this is a $hit show? So when did the bar get lowered? This isn't even a dust up! Have the snowflakes taken over the place?

esprcorn

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Not all of LC's stuff is bad but they are not of the same caliber as say MMP or BFP in quality.
That's a whole lot different than suggesting their product is 'Shit'... I suppose you could alter the title of the thread or offer an apology for a rude, ill-considered rant?

mharviala

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
this scenario does not look like it will be much fun to play due to a ton of HIP red chinamen hiding on the board and the nationalist chinamen have to run around trying to root them out since the scenario is a "take x number of buildings" scenario.
Don't forget the automatic SSR that hipsters come on board concealed on T5.

Mika

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
Seriously? You guys think this is a $hit show? So when did the bar get lowered? This isn't even a dust up! Have the snowflakes taken over the place?
Good point. This is nothing compared to the brouhahas from the days of yore.....Mila 18 anybody?

Still given recent reactions to SNL satire, can you blame people for being nervous?

Oh, and bye the bye, there is no naughty word filter on the new Forum software so you can call a shit show a shit show....

Last edited:

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Good point. This is nothing compared to the brouhahas from the days of yore.....Mila 18 anybody?

Still given recent reactions to SNL satire, can you blame people being nervous?

Oh, and bye the bye, there is no naughty word filter on the new Forum software so you can call a shit show a shit show....
Well, what a silly bunt I've been.

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
Since then my use of the umlaut (eg "Fück!") has dramatically decreased. There will be occasional times when "Drat!" simply doesn't suffice.

Tater

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Still given recent reactions to SNL satire, can you blame people being nervous?

I have always had a fondness for $$$...;)