Sherman proposal

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
I think the, “closed unit 1972” part is interesting. Wow.
With the Cold War going on, a lot of "secret" stuff was put deeply under wraps. ULTRA (Allied codebreaking of the Enigma machine) wasn't public knowledge until I think 1976 or so.

Last edited:

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think the, “closed unit 1972” part is interesting. Wow.
It should give you an idea of when the proposal was made as IIRC a "secret" weapons system proposal was to remain classified for 50 years or until otherwise declassified. Some documents (plans, operational reviews, other secret documents) were to remain classified for 75 years or more by regulation.

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
It should give you an idea of when the proposal was made as IIRC a "secret" weapons system proposal was to remain classified for 50 years or until otherwise declassified. Some documents (plans, operational reviews, other secret documents) were to remain classified for 75 years or more by regulation.
Looks like this was a 25 year seal, as the Sherman wasn't around in 1922..... :)

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Unless it was part of the even MORE secret plan to travel back in time and kill Hitler with a Sherman tank.
You may have just signed your own death warrant with that little slip. :eek:

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
No, they DID go back and kill Hitler. Turns out his body double was even crazier.
Unless you read David Irving's account of it, in which both Hitler and his double were the only sane men in a mad world.