Share your M.E. screenshots here!

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Should keep this secret but... here's a pict of me hanging out with my new friends!! :eek:gre: :skull: :bite:

I know who's going to win the war and get his ring back so I've turned traitor :paperbag: against the Free People :devious: don't tell anyone.
:whist:

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Checking out an enemy stronghold during some questing with MD.
We'll tackle that location some other day I suspect. :devious:

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I saw a player on this mount- said it was for completing all the instances in Moria.

Different for sure bit the strange design I'm not real sure about except that it doesn't "remind" me of Moria at all. The new Blue Roan design would be a better "Moria" mount.

Looks sort of like a Medieval Jousting squires mount.

Last edited:

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thought I'd share my two latest "gifts" in the game.

I'll keep the four legged one which I like :horse: , but why anyone except a Hobbit :clown: would want to wear the second one around Middle Earth I don't know certainly not an Elf! :paperbag:

I suppose it's quite flattering on some players. :eek:gre:
:laugh:

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
We got an eerie feeling something bad was about to happen when "Brother John" suddenly floated up and out of harm’s way.... :eek:

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Decided to do another composite shot of my Kinship (alts) discussing their past operations and deciding on future actions against the minions of Sauron.

Come on, I know someone else can post a few shots fo their characters adventuring in M.E.!!!

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You can view your alts altogether like that?
Not really, it just depends on how many accounts & PC's you have access to at one time, in my case 3.

It's another "composite" shot of my Kin-group: I brought on 1 character per account together at one time = 3 characters, positioned them then took a screenshot, logged them off brought on "3" more... then merged them into one shot. Main problem is that the LotRO camera always keeps "your" character in center screen so I have to use one character as the frame/angle holder while everyone else positions around that character. In this case the Hobbit in the center is frame holder. The biggest issue is when you have to remove the frame holder to get other alts on the same account into a shot. It then comes down to repositioning the camera just so to match the original frame holders perspective- which is not as easy as it sounds with multipile characters.

I think this final "merged" screenshot required 150 separate screenshots of trying different positions & "emotes" to get what I wanted. This one was fairly basic & quick. Waiting for the A.I. to get a character bored & doing other emotes & then catching it in the act takes the longest time.

I have a "Kinship screenshot Story" (@150 final screenshots) of how all the members got together plus some of their background history in screenshots - that required well over 500 screenshots to create. (yes I have a lot of time on my hands) I did post some previously above: posts # 39/41/53.

When I get bored of actually playing I start looking for interesting locations to make a screenshot story that allowa all level characters to get to. (Some locations require you to have a specfic quest, level or reputation to get to like into Moria & Lorien)
One hint- if you try this composite style "outside" during the day time better take all your screenshots very quicky as the sun is moving & always changing the lighting & shadows. Within a few minutes time it's easy to see the differences between shots- which is why making them inside with a constant light source is much easier. :)

kawaiku

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ah. I was going to say that would be a pretty cool feature instead of just seeing your alts standing in a line you see them in a pub and choose them that way.

And I understand you and all those screenshot :D I did that with Planetside, Lineage II, and WoW. Always taking lots of screenshots. Though I never did a back story like you..... Are you gonna post a small fanfic at some point then?:crosseye:

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
That would be a better way to pick which character you wanted to play than the current large screen single character format. :D
I'd suggest that to Turbine but I'd rather them be busy fixing Housing / Radiance issues then make a new selection screen - even a better one!

My back-story is currently 33 pages long starting out in year 506 of the First Age to Third Age 3017 (LotRO setting year). Since I made it just for myself and my wife to read I'm not sure how I'd present it. (Yes she did read it and appreciated all the maps I added so she could follow the paths of action and highlighting which names I created from those Tolkien did). I could just start posting installments or start a blog here I suppose, never done one though.

The screen-shot story is pretty "abbreviated" I primarily just did the last year of meetings (3016/17).

The Kinship name, "Nost Dior-Aranel Dor-en-MithLuin" or in Westron- "The House of Dior, the Royal Star, in the land of the Blue Mist." It was supposed to just be "Nost Dior - Aranel" but I kept typing to see how many letters long a name could be & hit "enter" to look at it not knowing that it was going to be set in stone. I decided not to pay $25 to have them lop off half of it.

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ever see how special random NPC's arrive on scene?
I caught one dropping in, I don't know if it was a glitch or it's how they normally appear in the game.

kawaiku

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
That would be a better way to pick which character you wanted to play than the current large screen single character format. :D
I'd suggest that to Turbine but I'd rather them be busy fixing Housing / Radiance issues then make a new selection screen - even a better one!
Indeed that would be cool!

My back-story is currently 33 pages long starting out in year 506 of the First Age to Third Age 3017 (LotRO setting year). Since I made it just for myself and my wife to read I'm not sure how I'd present it. (Yes she did read it and appreciated all the maps I added so she could follow the paths of action and highlighting which names I created from those Tolkien did). I could just start posting installments or start a blog here I suppose, never done one though.
Oh wow! I was planning on working on a story of my own this summer (but I snafu at the end of the semester my hamstring that) but if you are up to it I'd be happy to read it ;)

The screen-shot story is pretty "abbreviated" I primarily just did the last year of meetings (3016/17).

The Kinship name, "Nost Dior-Aranel Dor-en-MithLuin" or in Westron- "The House of Dior, the Royal Star, in the land of the Blue Mist." It was supposed to just be "Nost Dior - Aranel" but I kept typing to see how many letters long a name could be & hit "enter" to look at it not knowing that it was going to be set in stone. I decided not to pay $25 to have them lop off half of it.
Ah, cool cool. And yieesh! Well you have a shorter moniker so it could be worse hehe...

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Another graphic glitch in the game but a good one.

After my minstrel used the Harp it didn’t get “put away” and I could carry it and use it as a melee weapon - until I used a harp skill then it disappeared.

However- the most interesting thing I found was the level of art detail on the Harp, something that you shouldn’t be able to see normally. Quite impressive (although no strings)!

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Since no one else is sharing their gaming fun. :(

After completeing a quest in Nan Dhelu (Haragmar) I decided to see how many "buddies" I could drag along back to the quest giver. :devil:

Turbine follows the "Undead :skull: can run" & darn fast :eek: philosophy of life & not the, undead can only walk slooooowly :whlchr: outlook.
:D

Redwolf

Member # 3665
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Oh those guys have an ally and spawn another one. Tough nuts to crack if you aren't a Champ.