Share your M.E. screenshots here!

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Re: M.E. Screenies!

Got in a nice 2000+ hit with my Hunter vs. a Grodbog (58) so I thought I'd share the damage from it. Not sure how it compares to others but I liked it.

Last edited:

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada

Got in a nice 2000+ hit with my Hunter vs. a Grodbog (58) so I thought I'd share the damage from it. Not sure how it compares to others but I liked it.
Sad to report, I've never actually looked at that combat screen...how bad a player am I, huh...

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

I usually don't have it showing either but I started wondering what that "strange number" was that rolled off the Grodbog's head. I had to scroll back a bit to find it. :)

Last edited:

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Ever look close at what it looks like when your character "maps" out?:hmmm:

The "magic" graphic looks cool, including the real night time star pattern behind is a nice touch. :thumup:

I also like that they used a "real" map of Middle Earth that you're looking at- of course it's backwards in this shot. :crosseye:

Unfortunately it also looks like she's mapping to the "Dead Marches" location by Mordor from this angle too... :scream:

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada

The "magic" graphic looks cool, including the real night time star pattern behind is a nice touch. :thumup:

I also like that they used a "real" map of Middle Earth that you're looking at- of course it's backwards in this shot. :crosseye:

Unfortunately it also looks like she's mapping to the "Dead Marches" location by Mordor from this angle too... :scream:
Some "geeks" were using the chat channel today when I was wandering around trying to figure out the fishing quest for the summer festival, and talking back and forth about the constellations. One was telling the other that the Big Dipper wasn't actually a constellation, but part of Ursa Major, and a third party chimed in that they used the stars that Tolkien could see from his house as the star pattern in the Middle Earth sky...

jayedub7423

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Well, I finally took a screenshot. It's a shot of my Warden taking public transportation in the Lonelands with Weathertop in the background.

Sorry for the large pic, but if you could tell me how to post them like you guys have, that would be great!!

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Posted some info for picts: see post #1.

Nice picture!
I'm not sure you can take bad one with Weather Top as the backdrop!

Anything you think is a "nice" picture "snap it!"

Having a "oh yea I remember that," or "I have to go there to see that" moment is always good.

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada

Nice, but ever try and read a map while drunk?

I did the initiation into the Inn League...:laugh:

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada

And a couple of others on a fast trip from the lake to Bullroarer's Sward...amazing how the colours in the sky change as you move along - and you really can watch the sun rise or sun set if you care to. Also note the "Big Dipper"...

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

The "drinking" graphic is always fun & blurry! :toast:
The kegs that "port" you to random spots in M.E. are great- end up not wearing any pants!

Turbine really knows how to immerse you in the environment graphics. :thumup:

#1 Check out what "popped" up in the sky behind me tonight. :clap:
#2 Clouds then rolled in slowly and began blotting it out. For something that has "nothing" to do with game play they do it up right.

jayedub7423

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Hey thanks Palantir, I should read before I post next time, lol.

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada

Sometimes, you just have to take off your armour and dig in to some old fashioned work.

An "eventful" weekend - rainy in the real world and supposed to be working on some writing projects. Checked into LOTRO and had been mostly bored with it for the last week or so. Decided to give the whole crafting thing a whirl and ending up blasting through all five tiers of farming to become a Master. Easy to do if you buy hundreds of seeds and leave to do other stuff - in my case packing boxes in anticipation of a real-world move.

I also finally got around to looking at the "outfits" capabilities. Palantir had gifted me a quiver which I threw into storage in Bree. My first "outfit" was actually just a dressed down version of my regular stuff, minus the goofy hat and cloak and armour. Seemed appropriate as "working clothes".

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada

Then I decided to go whole hog with an alternate "off duty dress". A fishing vest, and a trip to the auctioneers to buy navy blue dye, and this rig looks stunningly modern...

My boredom abated after the leveling up in the crafts; a trip to Esteldin to visit the master craftsman led to some interactions with greyed out quests and a reminder that Dol Dinen is still quite active as far as 'stuff' at my level. Back to gaining rep with the Rangers and XP as well as treasure (crafting ate up about 500 silver pieces...)

Some other side trips to do "shopping" for a clarinet and other sundries led to some other quests and needless to say the game sucked me back in for the better part of a morning and an afternoon...

My second "cosmetic" off duty dress will at some point, I think, consist of cold/foul weather clothing...

Last edited:

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

I don't care how much "weaker" it is I'll always carry a "fire" bow if possible, I love the animations! :cool: :joy:

I'm going to miss these 3 weapons... :cry: :cry: :cry:

PS. notice how you can't even see "me" in the picture thanks to my subdued hunting outfit- the Mobs will never see me coming... :whist:

Last edited:

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

My boredom abated after the leveling up in the crafts...
Crafting is not high on my fun list when I have all of ME to explore instead- so... I collect everything I need to jump a level (Expert to Artisan etc.) and craft it all in one big session. Making 400 ingots, then crafting those into 200 items gives plenty of time to get things done around the house, eat dinner or watch some TV... Of course having to dump those 200 made items as "vendor junk" isn't the best course. But then, flooding the AH with them (30 max single items) isn't going to make me any Silver either! :laugh:

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada

Crafting is not high on my fun list when I have all of ME to explore instead- so... I collect everything I need to jump a level (Expert to Artisan etc.) and craft it all in one big session. Making 400 ingots, then crafting those into 200 items gives plenty of time to get things done around the house, eat dinner or watch some TV... Of course having to dump those 200 made items as "vendor junk" isn't the best course. But then, flooding the AH with them (30 max single items) isn't going to make me any Silver either! :laugh:
I totally did this with my farming. :D Planted 100 seeds at a time and then went to do other stuff - packing for my move one of them, watching TV, whatever. I doubt anyone wants to buy Zesty Onions on auction. I have to get another craftsman going in an alternate character to start mining some ingots - I got about 2/3 of the way to apprenticing as a weaponsmith the other night with the ingots you gave me, once I finally figured out where Light Hide can be found. Just step out the front door of the craft hall in Combe and start shooting bears...

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

I killed this really cool Warg and decided to make a cloak out of him- in game- I'm a Jeweler not a tailor but I think I did a pretty good job on it...what do you think? :laugh:

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Thought I'd throw this in.

I'm not big on "titles" but I was passing by and decided to get the "Ridge-racer" one. After a couple of failed attempts at the first jump the rest of the way was easy.

Nice view from there, but I should have done it during the day.

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Thought I'd share this Kin gathering - a discussion of the mission assignments vs. Sauron in the north.

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada

Who's the wiseguy asking to go to the bathroom?

You know - I haven't seen a single toilet in all of Middle Earth. Now I know why all those guys in Ost Forod are so grumpy...