Shanghaid, the port for hijacked threads

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Pity about that. I vaguely remember at a LA Origins (1980s) giving my address to Fish for "In Contact" subscription.
Now I know what happened (and that's the rest of the story!).
I have some issues somewhere. I need to start clearing out some stuff and may come across them. Who knows when that will be.

Fish and I always felt guilty about In Contact. Sigh. We really shouldn't have taken on such a project.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Thoughts while feeling contrarian and tincantankerous. Sorry.

ASL is a game. It can be whatever you want it to be but it is still a game. Play and enjoy!

Skulking is good. This is not Napoleonic warfare where you stand in ranks and shoot each other. Have you heard the term " take cover"?

Balance in ASL Is A 26.4. Period. Any other use of balance just refers to parity of the OBs.

It's better to play the same scenario five times than five different scenarios once.

Lol well I got that off my chest for now. Further rants later.

Ric of The LBC

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
And another thread showing great promise consigned to the depths of moderation......

I understand threads being hijacked. The whole purpose of Shanghaid is because I am a major offender in that regards and needed an outlet for my sense of humor. Still there needs to be moderation in Moderation.

I have said before that I would rather see a thread I started get hijacked and remain vibrant for a while than die an early death due to lack of interest. In a recent thread, DZ: SME ( that was for you Perry 😘 ), someone posted that the reason they kept reading the thread was the bovine humor.

Perhaps the Moderators should get In Contact ( 🙄🤣 ) with the OP of a thread and inquire if the OP wants it shut down due to hijacking or would prefer it to remain open for replies. Even replies by hijackers. Just a thought.

I think I hear thunder. It's going to be a Dark and Stormy evening. Watch out!!😋

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
<shrug> If a thread does not have enough intrinsic interest to pull itself out of that sort of hole, it has gone to seed.

Agreed the mindless piling on of puns is more than a little tacky.....but being tacky in public is it's own penalty.

Last edited:

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
I am unfamiliar with how other forums work. This is the only one I use.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
The 25th ASL Oktoberfest was approaching and although we hadn't played since June of '95 I wanted to play at ASLOk so I so I could say I played at the first and twenty fifth Oktoberfests. I really am quite vain. So I was going to relearn the rules and find someone to play who could put up with multiple layers of ASL rust.

My rules were long gone so I kept bugging Fish to borrow his. He didn't come through and the time came for our annual pilgrimage to ASLOk and I hadn't relearned squat. Fish had a phenomenal memory but I am a use it or lose it kind of guy so my vain aspiration was not going to happen. I wasn't going to embarrass myself and disappoint someone who I played that thought I knew what I was doing. 🙄

Fish and I were at ASLOk just standing there enjoying it all. I thought what the hell Fish knows I'm just a jick and said to him you want to play? He did and obviously beat me in one of our favorites, The Guards Counterattack. And he remembered where all the pieces went without looking at the scenario. What a gamer!🥰