Shanghaid, the port for hijacked threads

Old Noob

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I last played at Enfilade in 2019, the last time I saw Sam Belcher (R.I.P.).

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
I think it was fantastic that Perry attended the ASL EU event in Rome!! Well done Sir! Others have recently traveled from the States across the big pond for ASL. My heartiest commendations to all of you. It's great to see this and immensely beneficial to the game.🤗

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Presumptuous assumptions. Another old expression but put in the wrong thread. I am starting to lose it.

Last edited:

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Well the two " Leader direction " threads have got me wondering if I ever knew Jack Feces about the rules and wtf I was doing.🙄

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Pensatl1962 mentioned we could swap sea stories if we met at a tournament. That would only be at ASLOk if I make it there again but if we meet there swapping some sea stories sounds fun. There are some that really can't be shared on an open forum!🙄
Pensatl I was born in Altoona, not too far from you. Still have tons of relatives there. Spent summers at my Grandparents outside of Hollidaysburg, playing in the crick. 😉
That was also where I learned to play Dogfight! Great game and probably the first real wargame I ever played.🥰

We played it it the neighbor's patio by the crick.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
That was also where I learned to play Dogfight! Great game and probably the first real wargame I ever played.🥰

We played it it the neighbor's patio by the crick.
I have often commented on my bad memory but playing Dogfight there reallly sticks with me especially the Barrel Roll.🤗

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
IMO great players share these three traits, in order of importance.

Self confidence, a belief in their own abilities.

Gaming aggressiveness. Even on defense.

Knowledge of the game.

This last trait was identified as the key to why the great players are great in another thread. Rdw5150 did a nice job countering that view. I believe that knowledge is certainly important but ranks third for a reason. YMMV.

Posted about the same a while back but can't recall the thread.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
ASL Haiku

In the Dew A19.132

Underlined morale.
Rule reduces ELR.
Orchards in Season.

By Kenjick Takashita

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Recently in some posts I have been heaping praise upon Mark Nixon. IMO well deserved. I consider him a giant of SL/ASL.

It was at an early SL event that he hosted in Michigan where we first met him. I was in awe having read about him in The General. I believe he was Mr. Third Reich. We met Gary Fortenberry at that event.

His efforts on the Guryev's Series Replay made it a success. Fish and I just played.

He won the second ASL Oktoberfest Weekend Tournament. The jick beat me in the final round.

When we decided to give up ASL and Oktoberfest the only person that we really considered handing the reigns to was Mark. Much like the Replay we thrust it upon him . I can honestly say had he not accepted the responsibility Oktoberfest most likely would have folded. Perhaps it may have gone on in a much diminished form but most likely not ASLOk.

Enough of my bromance with Mark. The guy was good but if he is too cold and the AC is working during a hot October he should just put on some pants.😉

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Recently in some posts I have been heaping praise upon Mark Nixon. IMO well deserved. I consider him a giant of SL/ASL.

It was at an early SL event that he hosted in Michigan where we first met him. I was in awe having read about him in The General. I believe he was Mr. Third Reich. We met Gary Fortenberry at that event.

His efforts on the Guryev's Series Replay made it a success. Fish and I just played.

He won the second ASL Oktoberfest Weekend Tournament. The jick beat me in the final round.

When we decided to give up ASL and Oktoberfest the only person that we really considered handing the reigns to was Mark. Much like the Replay we thrust it upon him . I can honestly say had he not accepted the responsibility Oktoberfest most likely would have folded. Perhaps it may have gone on in a much diminished form but most likely not ASLOk.

Enough of my bromance with Mark. The guy was good but if he is too cold and the AC is working during a hot October he should just put on some pants.😉
Some stuff the Jick doesn't forget. Lol!

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
In the Low Ammo Manhandling thread von Marwitz posted a hilarious Far Side comic. Loved Larsen, my second favorite comic strip. Calvin and Hobbes are number one.

One of my favorite Far Sides shows some disheveled sailors in a rubber life raft. Headed their way is a bunch of ants on some sort of canoe.

The one sailor points at the canoe and says: Oh my god!! Navy ants!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Captain Bacchus and I love that one!!

Feel free to post any comic here that gives you a chuckle. I can always use a good haha.

Ric of The LBC

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
In the Low Ammo Manhandling thread von Marwitz posted a hilarious Far Side comic. Loved Larsen, my second favorite comic strip. Calvin and Hobbes are number one.

One of my favorite Far Sides shows some disheveled sailors in a rubber life raft. Headed their way is a bunch of ants on some sort of canoe.

The one sailor points at the canoe and says: Oh my god!! Navy ants!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Captain Bacchus and I love that one!!

Feel free to post any comic here that gives you a chuckle. I can always use a good haha.
Bummer of a birthmark Hal