Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
The name of my young coworker. 🀣
He has earned two nicknames from me..

Willie Poppins because he carrys an umbrella in a light drizzle.

General Stillwill because he is a perfect example of " a body at rest tends to stay at rest". Lol nice guy though.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
In the past three games of Civilization 3 PTW I have made a modest attempt to remain In Contact with ASL by naming my towns after ASL players.

In those three games, including the one I am playing as we post, three towns that consistently give me problems with unhappy citizens are:
Fort
McGrath
Cheney
Pleva
Who would have thought that quartet would be hard to handle?🀣πŸ€ͺπŸ₯°

Old Noob

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Either on the ASL table or on the computer screen, those names do inspire dread.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
I made a rookie mistake today while changing a bathtub faucet cartridge and got soaked. Walking outside back to the shop during a raging snowstorm was rather cold. Whenever it's really cold and I get wet I always think of The Dornot Watermark and those poor GIs crossing the freezing river. Brrr!

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
In the IIFT Use in Playtests thread Robin offered to give me an Immobilized Pz 1B versus a horde of vastly superior Russian AFVs. He had annoyingly remembered a past statement of mine where I said that I would gladly take the vastly outnumbered and incredibly inferior force if only for the glory of it all. Think if you somehow managed a victory or even close defeat. Anyway I facetiously said that I accepted his challenge, knowing it would never happen.

I got to thinking about it and decided there was a way for me to demonstrate this masochistic willingness to attempt the near impossible, at least in gaming.

I have been playing Civilization 3, Play the World on the second hardest level, Emperor, and holding my own for a while against superior civilizations. The problem is that I can't match the pace of Civilization Advances of the other AI controlled civilizations.

In the current game the Aztecs are at the borders with modern battleships, transports, modern infantry and tanks. My best units are knights. I also have galleys and catapults.

I was going back a few turns trying a strategy to thwart his seaborne forces from landing in my territory when four veteran Aztec tanks appeared on my border. Previously before " going back to clubhouse " I had thrown a force of twenty knights against three Aztec modern infantry and one medieval infantry that had landed inside my borders. It took three turns and sixteen dead knights before I eliminated the invaders. When the tanks and two more battleships with transports showed up I said Ci Arrendiamo and started another game. I wasn't going to spend twenty hours of gaming time watching my Civilization get destroyed.

Then Robin came along! He has the seeds of jickness in him.πŸ˜‰πŸ€£

So to demonstrate my willingness to get massacred I will go back to that game and fight it out to the bitter end. Dedicated to Robin of course. I will post a running commentary and perhaps some screenshots in a new thread entitled " Actionjick Takes His Lumps ". Probably in the computer gaming forum as it doesn't belong in ASL. Captain Bacchus and the gang will be on hand to provide me with plenty of refreshments. I am going to need them!

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
If the Pz IB crew unloads, it could take a T34 out more easily than its tank.

brunger

Reaction score
Country
ll
In the IIFT Use in Playtests thread Robin offered to give me an Immobilized Pz 1B versus a horde of vastly superior Russian AFVs. He had annoyingly remembered a past statement of mine where I said that I would gladly take the vastly outnumbered and incredibly inferior force if only for the glory of it all. Think if you somehow managed a victory or even close defeat. Anyway I facetiously said that I accepted his challenge, knowing it would never happen.

I got to thinking about it and decided there was a way for me to demonstrate this masochistic willingness to attempt the near impossible, at least in gaming.

I have been playing Civilization 3, Play the World on the second hardest level, Emperor, and holding my own for a while against superior civilizations. The problem is that I can't match the pace of Civilization Advances of the other AI controlled civilizations.

In the current game the Aztecs are at the borders with modern battleships, transports, modern infantry and tanks. My best units are knights. I also have galleys and catapults.

I was going back a few turns trying a strategy to thwart his seaborne forces from landing in my territory when four veteran Aztec tanks appeared on my border. Previously before " going back to clubhouse " I had thrown a force of twenty knights against three Aztec modern infantry and one medieval infantry that had landed inside my borders. It took three turns and sixteen dead knights before I eliminated the invaders. When the tanks and two more battleships with transports showed up I said Ci Arrendiamo and started another game. I wasn't going to spend twenty hours of gaming time watching my Civilization get destroyed.

Then Robin came along! He has the seeds of jickness in him.πŸ˜‰πŸ€£

So to demonstrate my willingness to get massacred I will go back to that game and fight it out to the bitter end. Dedicated to Robin of course. I will post a running commentary and perhaps some screenshots in a new thread entitled " Actionjick Takes His Lumps ". Probably in the computer gaming forum as it doesn't belong in ASL. Captain Bacchus and the gang will be on hand to provide me with plenty of refreshments. I am going to need them!
β€œAztec the high road. You take the low road? Anille be in Scotland afore yee!!” Keep πŸ₯ƒ drams and carry on πŸ‘πŸ˜Š

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
β€œAztec the high road. You take the low road? Anille be in Scotland afore yee!!” Keep πŸ₯ƒ drams and carry on πŸ‘πŸ˜Š
Thanks I will need all the humor available to get through this. And refreshments. Can't forget the refreshments. πŸ˜‹πŸ₯°

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
A thread about a EU tournament and a player having to convince his wife that he should go got me thinking about Fish and his wife Lou. Well a couple of Actiondebbie's margaritas too.πŸ˜‹

I met Lou a few times and wasn't too surprised when they got married. What was interesting was that our pace of gunnin, SL days, and his of gigging with the band didn't seem to slow down.

Fish never spoke about his marriage and it wasn't until I cleaned the carpet in the house he was moving to that I found out he was getting divorced. I'm not the kind of guy to ask questions about your personal life.

Apparently gunnin, gigging and marital harmony was not a cocktail that mixed very well.

Lol Fish was a competitor in everything he did. He won the divorce too!🀣

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
A thread about a EU tournament and a player having to convince his wife that he should go got me thinking about Fish and his wife Lou. Well a couple of Actiondebbie's margaritas too.πŸ˜‹

I met Lou a few times and wasn't too surprised when they got married. What was interesting was that our pace of gunnin, SL days, and his of gigging with the band didn't seem to slow down.

Fish never spoke about his marriage and it wasn't until I cleaned the carpet in the house he was moving to that I found out he was getting divorced. I'm not the kind of guy to ask questions about your personal life.

Apparently gunnin, gigging and marital harmony was not a cocktail that mixed very well.

Lol Fish was a competitor in everything he did. He won the divorce too!🀣
This probably should have been put in " Memories of Bill " Fish " Conner part two" thread but they are really good margaritas. If the moderators could move it there or leave it here at their discretion I would appreciate it. Thanks!

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Gaming can reveal funny things about a person. Even in solitaire gaming.

Playing Civilization 3, PTW and one of my submarines just completed a fifteen turn underwater trip to one of my three smaller islands and finished it's journey by one of the islands three cities, McGrath. For no logical gaming reason I moved the sub into McGrath ( sigh, a softball for Psycho) and gave the boys a turn of shore leave! Lol, gaming is really fun if you want to have fun with it!

Last edited: