Shanghaid, the port for hijacked threads

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
I asked in the Pinned Topics thread about the meaning and particulars of how a topic gets a pin. Fenyan responded with a screenshot but alas it didn't help the OOMT out. I thought that I would throw it out here to see if anyone can help out the TC. lol Techno Conscript.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Fort McGregor modified. Finns vs Japanese. Who should be the attacker?

I facetiously brought this up in the Historically Appropriate thread to show that I was much more interested in the game as a game than the historicality of it. Which I do quite enjoy and appreciate.

I got to thinking about it and realized this modification of Fort McGregor would be pretty kicka$$! Who attacks though?

And using Fort McGregor or any scenario you like as a template what historically inaccurate or inappropriate combatants would you like to see face off?

I realize such things can be considered an abomination but relax and have some fun with the game.

Last edited:

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Fort McGregor modified. Finns vs Japanese. Who should be the attacker?

I facetiously brought this up in the Historically Appropriate thread to show that I was much more interested in the game as a game than the historically of it. Which I do quite enjoy and appreciate.

I got to thinking about it and realized this modification of Fort McGregor would be pretty kicka$$! Who attacks though?

And using Fort McGregor or any scenario you like as a template what historically inaccurate or inappropriate combatants would you like to see face off?

I realize such things can be considered an abomination but relax and have some fun with the game.
Such things as this can be quite useful as thought experiments. 🤔

Old Noob

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Fort McGregor modified: In Manchuria, with the Japanese as the defender. WITH a Siberian snowstorm ongoing.
The Finns will not be affected by the weather {how well does Japanese support weapons survive Extreme Winter?}

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Fort McGregor modified: In Manchuria, with the Japanese as the defender. WITH a Siberian snowstorm ongoing.
The Finns will not be affected by the weather {how well does Japanese support weapons survive Extreme Winter?}
Sounds like fun to me!

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
I commented in the What Other Games Do You Play thread on the games we played but finished by saying that I don't play anymore. This is true especially for board games.

However today as I was doing a quick field day in my bedroom I decided the screen on the monitor for my computer needed some attention. I hadn't used it since the spring of 2020 so I cleaned it. Then decided the computer, vintage 2000, needed dusting off.

LMFAO next thing I know I am playing Civilization 3, Play the World. Good stuff but when you haven't played for a while and then do you realize how quickly time passes and how other things are being neglected. Like refreshments. Colonel Cuervo was patient but finally said enough was enough!

I don't game very often but when I do I realize deep down that I will always be a gamer. Even if I am not playing.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Sureee, you're not playing!
3rd Rock From the Sun, Dick starts smoking cigarettes and is chain smoking. Sally points this out and Dick says he can quit anytime he wants to. He puts out his cigarette and says, " there, I quit ". He immediately lights up another one. " Oh look, I've started again. "

I'm not that bad but I always thought that scene was funny, and poignant.

I have been spending an inordinate amount of time on Civ III which is why my input here has decreased.

As a unit the forum rushes out to buy Actionjick everything Civilization related. At last a way to cut back on all that silly sh!t he posts!🤣

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
3rd Rock From the Sun, Dick starts smoking cigarettes and is chain smoking. Sally points this out and Dick says he can quit anytime he wants to. He puts out his cigarette and says, " there, I quit ". He immediately lights up another one. " Oh look, I've started again. "

I'm not that bad but I always thought that scene was funny, and poignant.

I have been spending an inordinate amount of time on Civ III which is why my input here has decreased.

As a unit the forum rushes out to buy Actionjick everything Civilization related. At last a way to cut back on all that silly sh!t he posts!🤣
I do get rather immersed in it. A great way to waste a couple hundred hours.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Apologies to the Winter Offensive thread.

BEBOP, their jazz loving uncle.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
So I have become rather deeply involved in Civilization, to the extent I was even looking at Civ IV, released in 2001! I really am an OMSIP!
Anyway in an attempt to stay somewhat involved with ASL and the forum I have been naming all of my cities after ASL players, developers, gamesquad participants, you get the picture.

So sleep soundly tonight knowing that you are most likely immortalized as a city on an antiquated game played on an equally antiquated computer.

Btw in Civ, technology wise, I am getting my posterior handed to me but I am trying to out breed the other civilizations. It's 1894 and I have not been attacked or have done any attacking, except against barbarians.

Damn Mongolians attack my city walls! 🤣

Last edited:

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
So I have become rather deeply involved in Civilization, to the extent I was even looking at Civ IV, released in 2001! I really am an OMSIP!
Anyway in an attempt to stay somewhat involved with ASL and the forum I have been naming all of my cities after ASL players, developers, gamesquad participants, you get the picture.

So sleep soundly tonight knowing that you are most likely immortalized as a city on an antiquated game played on an equally antiquated computer.

Btw technology wise I am getting my posterior handed to me but I am trying to out breed the other civilizations. It's 1894 and I have not been attacked or have done any attacking, except against barbarians.

Lol Old Noob your namesake city flipped over to the Iroquois!! 🤣🤣🤣

brunger

Reaction score
Country
ll

Btw in Civ, technology wise, I am getting my posterior handed to me but I am trying to out breed the other civilizations. It's 1894 and I have not been attacked or have done any attacking, except against barbarians.

“There is a green hill far away,
Without a city wall,”😬😅

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Further discussion of lumber dimensions, continued from the MMP counter art thread.

I measured a couple of the floor joists in the oldest part of the cellar that has the cut stone foundation and cut stone outside steps.

They were 2 inches thick by 7 and 3/8ths wide. Not quite what I thought it would be. Apparently in 1876 they were a little more casual with lumber dimensions.

Either that or it was a case of any plank in a storm!🙄🤣

Btw in Civilization my American city Bendizoid flipped over to the Iroquois. I said those Bendizoids were a hard bunch to keep happy.😉

Last edited: