Shanghaid, the port for hijacked threads

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
I will chicken on that thread from time to time though, just to see if anything new has hatched.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
In the Busted thread I mentioned that I was the cumshaw supply petty officer in the shipyards.

The normal supply chain did not always operate at the speed the Chiefs and Officers in charge of the engineering spaces desired. I would be given a list of the required items, some the yardbird said wouldn't be available for weeks. I would leave the work barge with a burlap bag filled with coffee, Swiss Miss hot cocoa mix, and other delectables from the Mess that the yardbirds might desire.

I would make my rounds to the various Shops and return with the items on the list. Officers and Chiefs happy, yardbirds happy, overhaul goes smoothly. Lol I loved doing it and was very good at it.

Once had to pay up with a 25 pound can of coffee for a valve that just wasn't " available ". LMAO!

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
From the New Challenge thread the Kugelpanzer. I already stated on that thread that this was a preposterous vehicle.
Of all the useful hardware that the Germans could have sent the Japanese, Panzerfausts and SMG, they sent them this? Someone in Berlin must have had a very bizarre sense of humor. 🙄🙄

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
From the New Challenge thread the Kugelpanzer. I already stated on that thread that this was a preposterous vehicle.
Of all the useful hardware that the Germans could have sent the Japanese, Panzerfausts and SMG, they sent them this? Someone in Berlin must have had a very bizarre sense of humor. 🙄🙄
Hello!

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
I've still gotta buncha work left on my tribal tattoo for my ink dude but it depends on when we can get together (his place is in Baton Rouge) & I can get some $ (or trade the dude in cards) & I can get away from here cuz of my mom is real bad so I can't leave her alone for a long time. so Stephen knows I can't handle his prick for too long before I need to lea...

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
And his house is immaculate too!! What a catch! How's your cooking?
naw it's mom's house or it's actually the church's that she's renting very cheaply. they like that I'm taking care of mom but as soon as she's gone uhm... I gotta get out. & I understand that. mom & dad have lived here real cheap for about 20 years or so. & they can probably use the house for something else but now they're just waiting on my mom to either die of natural causes or have to enter an old folks home if she ever gets to some point that I can't handle her. 🤷‍♂️

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
naw it's mom's house or it's actually the church's that she's renting very cheaply. they like that I'm taking care of mom but as soon as she's gone uhm... I gotta get out. & I understand that. mom & dad have lived here real cheap for about 20 years or so. & they can probably use the house for something else but now they're just waiting on my mom to either die of natural causes or have to enter an old folks home if she ever gets to some point that I can't handle her. 🤷‍♂️
Good man! Family first.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
More posts than usual as I am taking a brief break from Civ3 and am allowing myself a little R and R. Refreshments and Reminiscing.

Ok, a lot of R and R.🤪🤪🤪🤪

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Between Psycho and Sulu the manflesh content of this thread has increased dramatically. It is Shanghai and boys will be boys. Especially 5000 miles from home. 🙄

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Not wanting to highjick the CASLO thread but wanted to reiterate about Fish's near photographic memory.

We played Guards Counterattack at the 25th Oktoberfest. We hadn't played since June of '95 but I wanted to say that I had played at the 1st and 25th Oktoberfests and Fish accommodated me. I don't know when we had last played Guards Counterattack but it was one of our favorites. Btw an excellent example of my vanity. 🙄

Fish pulled and set up the pieces without referring to the scenario card!! HITF are you supposed to beat someone like that? Great gamer. IMHO the best to ever play SL/ASL. YMMV but YWBW 😉

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
I mentioned in another thread that Waterston and Larsen were my favorite cartoonists. I also liked Johnny Hart's BC cartoon. Btw BC is a nickname I picked up from the wife as I was stepping out of the ocean. The Neanderthal Gene's I guess. Anyway back to BC and one of the funniest cartoons I ever saw.

The cavemen are playing baseball using a fruit as the ball. The pitcher pitches, the catcher catches the " ball " and sniffs it.

Catcher: Umpire this ball is rancid

The umpire sniffs the ball.

Umpire: foul ball!

ROTFLMFAO!!!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Partially explains my humor. 😉

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Tuomo's thread on Shellholes on the Manila map got me pondering. He was jokingly ( I think 😉 ) lamenting about starting a fun thread. Btw I think his thread is brilliant. YMMV but YWBW.

There are question threads. Very important.

There are Opponents Wanted and events threads. IMO these are the most important threads and the most beneficial to the game.

There are the disputaious threads. My opinion of their importance see saws.

There are the casual threads such as the Challenge ones, weapons and such, and the silly ones that I am fond of. The casual threads demonstrate that the game can be enjoyed at many different levels.

Btw casual threads are welcome at Tim O'shenko's new dive, The Skulker. Reservations are recommended.