SFF Question

_Fury_

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi All,

Question on SFF for the following situation during Russian movement phase. T34 in bypass of building, 467 at L1 has first fired. Is it correct that 467 may not SFF at 447 which enters N7 (as shown) since 447 is at range 1 and bypassing T34 is range 0? Thanks!

1521820442835.png

Spencer Armstrong

Canard de Guerre
Reaction score
First name
Spencer
Country
llUnited States
Correct. Note, this isn't a consequence of A7.212 Target Selection Limits (source of sleaze and consternation for many) because the tank isn't sharing the 4-6-7's Location, but just part of the normal rules of SFF (A8.3). You can only SFF at the closest armed enemy unit, which in this case is the tank.

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Remember, the tank ain't CE so you can fire outside the hex, just not with SFF during the movement phase.

Could he fire a 4 'flat' at the 4-4-7 in the Final Fire phase?

Binchois

Too many words...
Reaction score
First name
Lester
Country
llUnited States
I believe he may. Unlike SFF there is no limit if there is a closer KEU, and in this case there is no target selection limit.

JR
I agree. The same would be true of FPF during the MPh had the German been marked with a Final Fire counter already [and the 4-4-7 moved ADJACENT].

Last edited:

Spencer Armstrong

Canard de Guerre
Reaction score
First name
Spencer
Country
llUnited States
I agree. The same would be true of FPF during the MPh had the German been marked with a Final Fire counter already.
Actually, I don't think so. Final Fire only requires adjacent so it's good here, FPF requires ADJACENT, so it's not an option here.

Man, that's weird. It had never occurred to me that FF is less limited than SFF. And FPF is kinda between...

Binchois

Too many words...
Reaction score
First name
Lester
Country
llUnited States
Actually, I don't think so. Final Fire only requires adjacent so it's good here, FPF requires ADJACENT, so it's not an option here.

Man, that's weird. It had never occurred to me that FF is less limited than SFF. And FPF is kinda between...
Good catch! I'll modify comment which would be true if German was on ground level.