Sewer emergence into a Breached Fortified Building Location

Joe Bordonaro

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Looking at rule B 8.41 (Sewer), and rule B 23.9221 (Breach), and rule B 23.9 (Fortified Building), it appears that a unit in a Sewer Location can use the Advance Phase to advance into the Manhole Location above it, even if an enemy unit is in that Location, even in a Fortified Building, if that Fortified Building Location was breached at some point earlier in the game. Is that a correct interpretation of the rules that apply in this situation?

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
A Fortified Building Location can only be breach across a hexside - not up or down a stairwell or from below from a sewer.

Joe Bordonaro

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thank you for the replies. I have one follow up question, if I may. Given that breaches only occur through outside walls of a fortified building location, once a breach has occurred, is that hex still a fortified location in regards to the prohibition of sewer emergence if an enemy unit occupies the manhole location?

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Thank you for the replies. I have one follow up question, if I may. Given that breaches only occur through outside walls of a fortified building location, once a breach has occurred, is that hex still a fortified location in regards to the prohibition of sewer emergence if an enemy unit occupies the manhole location?
Yes. The breach only applies to the specific hexside, or hexsides if there are multiple breaches. The floor and ceiling never can be breached, including sewer entrances.

JR

Joe Bordonaro

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yes. The breach only applies to the specific hexside, or hexsides if there are multiple breaches. The floor and ceiling never can be breached, including sewer entrances.

JR
OK, thanks for the clarification.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Just to make things clear, the fortified building +1 bonus TEM still applies across a breached hexside.
B13.9221 ... Once breached, a Fortified Building can be entered through that hexside (and level) in the same manner as any building hex. However, all other Fortified Building benefits still apply.