SEWER EMERGENCE AND DISCOVERY QUESTIONS B8.42

FrankH.

Reaction score
1. For Defensive First Fire purposes, how many MF are expended by a unit using Sewer Movement in the Sewer Location in which it is Discovered? Is Subsequent Fire Fire and / or Final Protective Fire a possibility versus the discovered sewer units?

2. Does Point Blank Fire apply for units in a Manhole Location which defensive fire upon units "Discovered" in a Sewer Location in the hex?

3. Same questions (1 and 2) but the defensive firing unit is in an ADJACENT Sewer Location instead of in a Manhole Location.

Frank H.

Chris Milne

Reaction score
Country
ll
FrankH. said:
1. For Defensive First Fire purposes, how many MF are expended by a unit using Sewer Movement in the Sewer Location in which it is Discovered?
Damned if I know.

FrankH. said:
2. Does Point Blank Fire apply for units in a Manhole Location which defensive fire upon units "Discovered" in a Sewer Location in the hex?
Yes. See B8.3
All fire against units in sewers is PBF. Plus Hazardous Movement. Nice.

Joe W.

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
B8.42 question

In regards to your sewer move and D1F question, I don't think they are subject to D1f. The emergence DR, that determines if they are seen, is done at the" end "of the units Mv Phase. So the units MFs are already spent. I believe only Def final fire can be used, with the modifiers already mentioned.
Joe

FrankH.

Reaction score
Re: B8.42 question

Joe W. said:
In regards to your sewer move and D1F question, I don't think they are subject to D1f. The emergence DR, that determines if they are seen, is done at the" end "of the units Mv Phase. So the units MFs are already spent. I believe only Def final fire can be used, with the modifiers already mentioned.
Joe
Joe,

That is the way we always played it, but now I am not so sure.

The sewer unit clearly ends its move phase when it reaches the new sewer location. Perhaps you are right. The Emergence dr is not made until after the sewer unit has ended its move phase. Thus it is not expending MF by the time it is Discovered.

Thus Defensive First Fire vs. a unit in a sewer location is not possible.

Frank