Several Questions

Anonymous

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
1st ?: Can a full or a half squad fire its inherent fire power and dismantle/assemble SW (mortar, MMG or HMG etc...) in its own PrepFire or Def. Fire?

2nd ?: Can one assault move to another hex and enter a foxhole, trench, stream, pillbox etc... on the same assault move? And can one assault move from the above and enter another hex on the same assault move? (Hope this questions clear)

3rd ?: The roof of a 2 story and a multi-story building puts one at what level? 1 1/2 story? 2 story? 2 1/2 story? etc...

Thanks
Chris B

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
1st ?: Can a full or a half squad fire its inherent fire power and dismantle/assemble SW (mortar, MMG or HMG etc...) in its own PrepFire or Def. Fire?
A full squad can fire its IFP and use one SW; a half squad can do one or the other. So, yes to the full squad and no to the half squad.
2nd ?: Can one assault move to another hex and enter a foxhole, trench, stream, pillbox etc... on the same assault move? And can one assault move from the above and enter another hex on the same assault move? (Hope this questions clear)
The limitations on assault movement are that the unit moves less than all of its MF and only one location can be changed. Check out the index for a definition of location. A foxhole does not create a seperate location, but a pillbox does. I do not understand the second part of the question.
3rd ?: The roof of a 2 story and a multi-story building puts one at what level? 1 1/2 story? 2 story? 2 1/2 story? etc...
Level 1.5 and 2.5 respectively.

Bocko

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Continuation

2nd part of ? 2: So one can assault move from a foxhole to another hex? But cannot assault from a pillbox to another hex? Is this correct?

3rd ?: so a 1 1/2 story roof is 1 1/2 levels, a 2 story roof is 2 levels, and a 2 1/2 story roof is 2 1/2 levels? Correct?

Just making sure I am clear on this.

Thanks Again
Chris

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Re: Continuation

Bocko said:
2nd part of ? 2: So one can assault move from a foxhole to another hex? But cannot assault from a pillbox to another hex? Is this correct?
Yes, with one exception; a pillbox with a trench next to it becomes a Bunker with special rules for entrence/exit. In fact, a unit in a foxhole can assault move out of the foxhole, place smoke grenades, move to another (1mf) hex and into another foxhole all in one assault move, if it was with an unwounded leader (i.e. it has only moved one location and has used less than 6MF (or 5MF if it is a conscript)).
Bocko said:
3rd ?: so a 1 1/2 story roof is 1 1/2 levels, a 2 story roof is 2 levels, and a 2 1/2 story roof is 2 1/2 levels? Correct?
A two story house (B23.22) has two locations, one at level 0 and one at level 1. A rooftop is .5 level higher than the top floor, so it is at level 1.5. A Multi-Story Building (B23.23) has an additional location at level 2, so the rooftop is at level 2.5. At least that is how I understand rooftops.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Anonymous said:
Alos note that, if it does not spend all its MF (and leader bonus can be added in that count), it can also place a smoke grenade or pick up an abandonned SW...

Bocko

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Buildings and Roofs

3rd ?: not that I doubt Brian W, I just would like another confirmation of his answer to roof height levels for buildings.

Thanks
Chris B

SamB

Shut up and play!
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I believe Brian W is correct. The confusion comes from the difference in language usage from Europe to the USA...

In ASL, (and in most of Europe, I believe) levels are "ground floor" (level 0) then "first floor" (Level 1) and the "Second Floor" (Level 2). In the USA the "first floor" is the ground floor....

Anyway... a building with a ground floor and a level 1 has a roof at 1 and a half levels high...

Sam