Seven day 'phone home' licence thing gone

WallysWorld

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
A good move by SES.

Found the following info on the Wargamer forum in a thread started by "destraex":

"What’s more is we no longer have the 7 day ‘phone home’ period. Activations of all Storm Eagle Studios (and many other games on StormPowered) are handled automatically without the need to keep track of license numbers or passwords like before. Once you’ve installed the game and played it at least once while connected to the internet, it will be available offline without issue. StormPowered has an offline mode much the same as Steam’s offline mode. Any games that have been fully updated that include the StormPowered DRM, will be available for play offline."

Wargamer thread about SES

thewood

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I am surprised this is news to anyone. SES has been using Stormpowered (a bad Steam clone) for DRM for a couple years now. It was one of the buggiest launches I have seen. For about a year it was a crapshoot if it would let you play. They finally have it somewhat straightened out, but there are still a number of people with issues.

Redwolf

Member # 3665
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
At this point - does it matter?

After all the disdain that Mr Rose has shown for his customers, real or potential.

thewood

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thought anyone still looking at this thread might be interested:

http://wargamer.com/forums/posts.asp?t=585612&pg=2#631885

Looks like somewhat finally woke up at SES. I can see that thread is heading to the same point as these old threads did. I am really surprised they have managed to sucker another poor guy into their cause.

I wish they would just come right out and simply say they made a mistake and apologize. It would go so much easier.