llUnited States
If a vehicle sets up in the woods, does it do so free of the bog check? :?:

Thanks for the help!

Larry

Chris Milne

Reaction score
Country
ll
Yes. Note that if you set up in a woods-road hex, that vehicle is exempt from taking a Bog Check on exiting the hex provided it has not changed its VCA.

SamB

Shut up and play!
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I believe you get to place a "partial trail break" when you setup in the woods.... But you can look it up as well as I. :?

pryoung

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Chris Milne said:
Yes. Note that if you set up in a woods-road hex, that vehicle is exempt from taking a Bog Check on exiting the hex provided it has not changed its VCA.
Normally I'm pretty good with the ASLRB as reference, but I'm sucking doughnuts here today :( . What is the rules reference for this?

Pete

SamB

Shut up and play!
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The rules reference is A2.9 - "Setup Limitations"....

2.9 SETUP LIMITATIONS: ... vehicles can set up free of Bog/Immobilization in hexes whose entry might cause Bog...

There is also an old Q&A that says

If a fully-tracked AFV sets up in woods, may it place a TB? If the answer is "No ", then if it exits that hex without changing its VCA, must it undergo a Bog DR for "exiting the woods without using a TB "?

A. No to both questions.

So maybe I was wrong about the partial trailbreak, but no bog if you exit w/o changing VCA.

Chris Milne

Reaction score
Country
ll
I have a feeling that the Q was worded wrong - it talks about a 'TB' rather than a 'partial TB'.

ASLRB B13.421 said:
A vehicle that sets up in a woods road hex does not place a TB counter (unless setting up in the woods portion of a woods road hex)
To me, that indicates that setting up in a woods-road hex permits the placement of a partial TB, and by implication permits TB placement if setting up in a full woods hex. But I can't find anything in the rules to confirm it.