Setting up Ordnance in buildings - G6 Rockets Red Glare

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Hi,

I'm due to play G6 Rockets Red Glare this evening (in about 7 hours) and while at work I'm trying to look at setup options - while on my tea break, of course :D . I don't have the scenario card or RB with me so I'm relying on the VASL setup file.

Anyway, just need to clarify one point. Can I set up the 105 ART in a building? Seem to remember there are some restrictions based on gun size that may restrict this?

As I don't have the rulebook to hand can someone advise, please?

Cheers

Andy

Ole Boe

Reaction score
Country
llNorway
The relevant rule you're looking for is this:

B23.423 said:
A non-vehicular weapon on a 5/8" counter may be set up or pushed into a building/rubble only if it is either a small target (C2.271) or an AT/INF Gun that is not a large target.
So you can only set up ART Guns that are small targets. I don't have the counters here, but I doubt your 105mm ART is a small target...

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Thanks Ole.

Just played this tonight. Excellent scenario and a good win for me as the Germans. It looked like it was going wrong around Turn 4 but my sniper stepped in to save the day, helped out by a HE CH with the Stug and two Snakes as he approached the victory buildings. Never even got to fire my 105!

Good fun!

Andy

bazman

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm not sure but I think if the building location is fortified it might make a difference.

Bazman

Ole Boe

Reaction score
Country
llNorway
bazman said:
I'm not sure but I think if the building location is fortified it might make a difference.
You're right.

B23.93 said:
Any type/target size of Gun may set up in the ground level of a Fortified Building but may not fire at Aerial targets or use Indirect Fire. No 5/8" weapon counter may be moved into a Fortified Building during play.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Note that setting up in a superior fortified level is only allowed in a stone multihex building for a Gun - and it may only be ART/AT/INF >= 76mm calibre (B23.93 also).