Set Up and VBM

milhaud

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
Hi there!
a question about setup.
Can I setup an AFV on Bypass ? I am unable to get the rule !
Thanks in advance.
best wishes
Ramón

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
a question about setup.
Can I setup an AFV on Bypass ? I am unable to get the rule !
You may set up anywhere you could legally move to during a game, including in bypass. NRBH to provide a rules quote, but A2.something.

JR

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
A2.9 SETUP LIMITATIONS: A unit may not set up overstacked or in a hex it could not enter during the normal course of play, but vehicles can set up free of Bog/Immobilization in hexes whose entry might cause Bog......
A vehicle can center a hex via VBM during play.

Note that a vehicle in VBM of a building is not in concealment terrain, and hence cannot be concealed using OOB given ? counters. They would be concealed if the opposing side is entering from off-board.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Note that a vehicle in VBM of a building is not in concealment terrain, and hence cannot be concealed using OOB given ? counters. They would be concealed if the opposing side is entering from off-board.
They would be revealed immediately on LOS, but if you have different types of vehicles, you may be able to keep your opponent guessing for a bit.

JR

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
But you can set 5/8 ? Counters up in bypass.
Rules citation? Methinks a vehicle in bypass is not concealment terrain, and consequently cannot recieve OOB given concealment counters? And consequently dummies could not be placed there?

Or am I mis-reading something?
D2.38 TEM: A vehicle in Bypass is in the Open Ground portion of the hex and is therefore not entitled to any beneficial TEM for the woods or building it is Bypassing [EXC: Residual FP (A8.2); also, in certain hexes (e.g., 2I9 or 3I1) a vehicle can be in Bypass of a building but still be in woods].
A12.12 PLACEMENT: The player setting up first in a scenario does so out of vision of his opponent, and after setting up his regular units may place only scenario OB-designated “?” at first—but only in Terrain listed in red in the Terrain Chart/Desert Terrain Chart/PTO Terrain Chart. After his opponent sets up in the same manner, .....

Last edited:

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Bugger, that meant to read can you set the counters up in bypass. You Are of course right Jazz. I was concentrating so hard on getting the 5/8 bit right.