Set DC during play A23.7

aloha_brian

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
A23.7 allows setting a DC during play. "...or which was Set and declared during play by an Infantry unit which spent all of its MF (using Hazardous Movement) to Set the DC in its Location during its MPh and made a dr < its US#..."

Does this mean that if I have a concealed unit or stack out of LOS of any enemy unit that I must declare the specific concealed unit/stack which is setting a DC, and if successful with its US# dr place an unconcealed DC on the map in that units/stacks location? So although no enemy unit can see anything; my opponent knows exactly which location now has a set DC and which concealed stack contains the guys with the plunger. And if the unit/stack fails its US# dr, my opponent knows which unit/stack has a DC?

Brian

ScottRomanowski

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm sure the DC must be placed on map unconcealed since unpossessed SW can't be concealed. As for the rest, I think your fears are correct; when moving a concealed, out-of-LOS stack you still have to tell your opponent what you're doing.

You could shuffle the MMC with the plunger with some other concealed units to try to hide its position.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
In most cases (that I've seen) a Set DC during a scenario is done to blow up a bridge (or something similar) - then one usually tries to detonate it ASAP anyway.

It's not Set during a scenario to try and "lure" the opponent into a trap...at least not very common (would be my guess)...

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
A23.7 allows setting a DC during play. "...or which was Set and declared during play by an Infantry unit which spent all of its MF (using Hazardous Movement) to Set the DC in its Location during its MPh and made a dr < its US#..."

Does this mean that if I have a concealed unit or stack out of LOS of any enemy unit that I must declare the specific concealed unit/stack which is setting a DC, and if successful with its US# dr place an unconcealed DC on the map in that units/stacks location? So although no enemy unit can see anything; my opponent knows exactly which location now has a set DC and which concealed stack contains the guys with the plunger. And if the unit/stack fails its US# dr, my opponent knows which unit/stack has a DC?

Brian
Welcome to the world of abstract game play.....

Doug Leslie

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
In most cases (that I've seen) a Set DC during a scenario is done to blow up a bridge (or something similar) - then one usually tries to detonate it ASAP anyway.

It's not Set during a scenario to try and "lure" the opponent into a trap...at least not very common (would be my guess)...
Caves are another likely target.

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Oft used to breach factory interior walls and sometimes to breach rowhouse hexsides.

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
This would be handicap in a CG that doesn’t allow Set DC during the Refit phase. I believe most, if not all, do.