Seizing Gyulamajor VC question

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi-

Here is the problem:

The Germans win at game if they control the level two hexes of Hill 522 and Hill 534

Do the Germans HAVE to Control ALL level two hexes on each hill mass or just 3W6 and 3I7?

Scott

BobO

Argentine Dove Hunter
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Scott,
Bill Stoppel and I played it as the Germans had to take all of the level 2 hexes on both hills.

bob o

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Guy's thanks for the answers, we played it where the super german armored assualt had to take all the hill hexes, but if I wanted to be a real prick, I could just as well say the VC meant just those two hexes.

A better worded VC may have been more like:

The germans win at game end by controlling ALL level two hill hexes on both Hill 522 and Hill 534.

Now there would be no doubt in my mind about the VC.

Scott

Evan Sherry

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
SGT Holst said:
Guy's thanks for the answers, we played it where the super german armored assualt had to take all the hill hexes, but if I wanted to be a real prick, I could just as well say the VC meant just those two hexes.

A better worded VC may have been more like:

The germans win at game end by controlling ALL level two hill hexes on both Hill 522 and Hill 534.

Now there would be no doubt in my mind about the VC.

Scott
SGT Holst,
If CPT Sherry gave you an order to attack and seize Hill 522 and 534, you had better have control of more than 40 meters of terrain. Perhaps you will have a better understanding of such things after you have completed PLDC. :)

Evan Sherry

laszlo.nemedi

Reaction score
Country
llHungary
Can someone of you post the scenario brief here?
It seems it is Hungarian name (Gyulamajor), and as I am Hungarian and WWII fan, I would like to see the text, maybe I can add some additional info...

Thanks!
Laszlo