SEiH VASSAL

CPRad

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I've tried to use both map A & B for the full campaign game on VASSAL but was unable to do so. Am I missing something or has the developer not include this capability yet?

Has anyone tried playing the Alamo scenario and use the orders button?

Thanks

Larry

Keith Todd

Reaction score
I have started a new game, added the west map then add column add east map and had no problems.

The orders feature is just a notepad really but I have used it in other games successfully.

I have not played the Alamo.

Keith

CPRad

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I have started a new game, added the west map then add column add east map and had no problems.

The orders feature is just a notepad really but I have used it in other games successfully.

I have not played the Alamo.

Keith
Ah right .. thanks Keith. My entire screen is taken up with map so I had a hard time seeing the outer rim with the tab to slide me over to map (east) after adding column

I hope Hans sees this. I haven't used or played any VASSAL TCS games yet but the notepad looks as if it will work.

Great thanks for the reply Keith.

Kishel

Reaction score
Yup I did see it.

So you are saying I should add the note book feature for Bloody Ridge?

I can't remember if I did or not.

Hans

CPRad

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
So you are saying I should add the note book feature for Bloody Ridge?

I can't remember if I did or not.

Hans
Hi Hans

I just checked BR and the notepad is not included.

Sorry I can't give you any personal feedback on its usefulness but according to Keith Todd its a good aid.

I'm almost bursting with the near release of the new TCS rules and the latest anticipated release of what I think is another great game by Wig Graves.

Anyway I know Lee is very busy but after GD'42 I'm hoping he'll give you the list of TCS games he would like to see done on VASSAL.

Thanks Hans

Larry

Last edited:

Kishel

Reaction score
I will try to get that added to the game and get the new version uploaded to VASSAL.

I will post a note here when I get it done.

CPRad

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Hey Guys

Just checked the TCS site on CSW where Lee has posted new DL's of game specific rule conversions, armour morale and more for all existing games as well as version April 2006 TCS series rules.

CPRad

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Arty Ammo counter

Hi Hans

I'm looking at starting up a VASSAL game of SEiH
and thought that it would be helpful if you can create an additional button titled "Arty ammo" (or something like that) and once clicked a window would pop up with the three different types of ammo, HE, Illum, & Smoke with a small box next to them so that a number could be entered inside.

We should be able to type in the number we want (scenario qauntity, or CG reinforcement allotments) then with a downward arrow button next to this so that as we click on it the number inside the box would decrease as we expend ammo ....

nice way of keeping track of this asset if it can be done.

What do you think? This could be used in all the TCS VASSAL games.

Larry