Seeking Europe based VASL mentor

mjdf71

Recruit
Reaction score
First name
Mike
Country
llItaly
Greetings! I am Mike at GMT+1 (Rome) seeking an English or Italian speaking ASL veteran who can assist me in learning VASL and give ASL pointers in general. Quick learner, veteran wargamer in my 50s. Available to play live on VASL most evenings. Prefer to start Infantry only to learn VASL before progressing. If interested please direct message. Thanks!

mjdf71

Recruit
Reaction score
First name
Mike
Country
llItaly
Yes Sir, thank you. I’ve watched many tutorials and played around with it. Really I guess I need some experienced folks to play against online. I am seeking opponents. If you’re so disposed please let me know. I am available most nights after 1900 GMT.

PresterJohn

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
I'm not in or close to your time zone, but I expect that if you have followed along with the videos and can set up a scenario from scratch then you have reached the median skill level of 90% of VASL users. Rounding up an opponent usually takes a week or sometimes two as people notice your post and look at their own dance cards.

Also try BGG and also Neal's forum which gets some new player traffic:

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/243/advanced-squad-leader/forums/274

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
If you are free on Friday evenings we have a very informal group of folk who play.
If you are not confident, let us know and we can match you up to play alongside a more experienced player too.