"Seeing the Elephant" Tourney

Okimaw

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I have tried to contact my opponent Weags2, but nothing heard. He did not respond to a pm, anyone have any news?

Stndrtnfhr Out!

I'm having a game with him too and haven't heard from him in about a week or so. I think he mentioned something about moving and work etc. I'm sure you'll hear from him soon, a pretty reliable opponent.

Cherper

Legend in my own mind
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I am still waiting on my start. Got the allied briefing... just waiting for the file from the axis to get going.

Mad Russian

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I see you layed in the last round to help out...This tourney is short one player to play Swing.....If you can't I undrstand...I could fit him in if need be...seeing I don't know what is happening here so to speak.... I have not read the opponents notes or any thing like that.:smoke:
Hello?

You still needing the extra player? If not I'm going to fill the slot.

Good Hunting.

MR

Cherper

Legend in my own mind
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Haven't heard anything from Simonsezdie. Any idea where he is? Still waiting for the start of round 4.

Cherper

Legend in my own mind
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have the allies. Still haven't heard from Simon... his last activity on the site was 9 October 2006. Don't think he is still around.

KG_Crimson

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have set the games for Rnd4, they are on the Tourny page but for you lazy ones here it is on the board:laugh:

I have sent out the Axis turns out tonight, if you gave not recieved yours PM me.

I have tried to match everyone who has not played each other but we have one left over and i am afraid it is poor old Swing! If anybody wants to play him or if you have a friend who might be interested feel free to drop me a line.
My PC died and I hope to resurrect it by Sunday night if all goes as planned.

I have yet to receive the Round 4 Scenario.... Please keep in mind that I can still recieve email I just won't see it until after I get my PC back from the dead.

Could I trouble you to send Round 4 Set up to me again.

Sincerely,

Andrew

P.S. Neon, after my PC comes back from the dead and I get the set up file I will send it to you as soon as possible.

Mad Russian

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Of course all of you are invited to take part in the KOTH2 tournament that I am running on The Proving Grounds. If you would like to fight in the tournament just email me at....

sro_cm@yahoo.com

Include your name, the handle you use in the CM community and the email address you want to have your contact emails sent to.

You can show some of these guys your new found skills.

Good Hunting.

MR

Mad Russian

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have just opened up a thread called Black Pigs and GD...surprisingly enough it's about the Black Pigs scenario.

Those of us that have finished it will discuss the scenario. Tactics, questions, comments...whatever you want. It's your opportunity to get down and dirty with this scenario. The hows and whys of Soviet assault guns, the dreaded Katy, the damage or lack of it to the German defense, the German counter attack - the timing and value of long range vs short range attacks....you name it and we will go over it.

This is the last scenario of the tournament. I would like to thank you all for participating and making it a success here at GS. I know your tournament directors appreciate your support and patience with all the changes that have taken place during the time the tournament has been going on.

I would like to thank all of you for your comments and willingness to learn the game. Welcome to the best WWII tactical wargame available!!

Good Hunting.

MR

Mad Russian

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Who is supposed to be updating the tournament results?

I see the tournament results for Rounds 1 and 2 but not for any games that have been finished in rounds 3 and 4.

Is there somebody driving this bus?

Good Hunting.

MR

Mad Russian

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Finished my battle Cherper. This was a very hard fought battle. He was on the verge of winning this fight more than once. Being the scenario designer didn't save me in this case. Being a more experinced gamer did.

See the commentary about the outcome of our battle, in Black Pigs and GD thread, when you have finished your own battle.

I look forward to discussing this fight with you. I think that you will be in for some surprises about how things work in CMBB.

Good Hunting.

MR

John Powderly

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Forgive me, CMers, for I have sinned.

Work has become a bit overbearing and, accordingly, I haven't been on here for quite some time. I also haven't done much gaming. This includes Round 4.

I have committed the sin of not sending Kineas, my Round 4 opponent, a turn file in approximately two months. In fact, we haven't even started the game - I haven't even completed my set up as the Germans. I'm afraid I've robbed Kineas of (what I hope would be) a good game. I apologize.

It appears that work is going to get worse before it gets better. Therefore, I don't see myself playing too much Combat Mission in the near future. Please do whatever is necessary to make things right with Kineas. When things at work ease up, I will come back and begin playing again.

Thanks for the fun, and I'll be back when I can get here.

Mad Russian

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Forgive me, CMers, for I have sinned.

Work has become a bit overbearing and, accordingly, I haven't been on here for quite some time. I also haven't done much gaming. This includes Round 4.

I have committed the sin of not sending Kineas, my Round 4 opponent, a turn file in approximately two months. In fact, we haven't even started the game - I haven't even completed my set up as the Germans. I'm afraid I've robbed Kineas of (what I hope would be) a good game. I apologize.

It appears that work is going to get worse before it gets better. Therefore, I don't see myself playing too much Combat Mission in the near future. Please do whatever is necessary to make things right with Kineas. When things at work ease up, I will come back and begin playing again.

Thanks for the fun, and I'll be back when I can get here.
Does somebody want to step up and play Kineas?

Somebody that played the Soviets can now try this as the Germans without alot of big foreknowledge issues. You can see what it's like on the other side of those Katy's!!

Good Hunting.

MR

neon

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
I was going to play against KG_Crimson in the 4th round, but his computer died and them no one sent him the game file. I'll PM him again to see if he is still up for game, other wise I will play Kineas.

Kineas

Colonel General
Reaction score
Country
llHungary
Wow, I'm on the topic. Thanks anyone who will play me.