"Seeing the Elephant" Tourney

Mad Russian

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Is there a round 4 to this tourney? How many of us are still left?

This has been fun so far (though it wouldprobably have been more fun if I wasn't on the bottom of the ladder.).

Thanks for taking over on this MR.

Rick
I haven't taken over. I'm just the supporting staff. Mangus is the one that took over. All credit goes in his corner.

There is a 4th scenario. The tournament was planned to have 4 scenarios and I have heard nothing that indicates that that has changed.

The fourth scenario is going to put everything you have learned in the first three to the test. You will feel abject horror or elation as the scenario moves through it's different stages of battle. It is quite different than the three battles before it and should prove to be quite instructive for those still wanting to be involved in the tournament.

Good Hunting

MR

Rickie

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I haven't taken over. I'm just the supporting staff. Mangus is the one that took over. All credit goes in his corner.

There is a 4th scenario. The tournament was planned to have 4 scenarios and I have heard nothing that indicates that that has changed.

The fourth scenario is going to put everything you have learned in the first three to the test. You will feel abject horror or elation as the scenario moves through it's different stages of battle. It is quite different than the three battles before it and should prove to be quite instructive for those still wanting to be involved in the tournament.

Good Hunting

MR

You mean I was supposed to learn something from these defeats??? (other than losing gracefully, I mean) Uh oh. I'm in trouble now.

Thanks M.R. You did the scenarios though didn't you? Haven't seen many posts from Mangus lately.

thanks
Rick

Mad Russian

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You mean I was supposed to learn something from these defeats??? (other than losing gracefully, I mean) Uh oh. I'm in trouble now.

Thanks M.R. You did the scenarios though didn't you? Haven't seen many posts from Mangus lately.

thanks
Rick
Yes, I did the scenarios.

Yes, you were supposed to learn something. If you have gone to the discussion threads after the scenarios have finished I see where gamers seem to be learning alot from these few small battles. They were designed with that in mind.

And yes, I talk alot.

Good Hunting.

MR

Mad Russian

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Haven't seen many posts from Mangus lately.

thanks
Rick
Mangus is busy trying to get his Tigers into the village against my Russians. He gives me far too much credit as a tactician. He thinks I could beat him if he isn't careful...small chance of that happening I think. He did well in the first two scenarios and I think learned quite a bit from playing them. We'll see what his comments are about Surprise when we finish it.

Good Hunting.

MR

Rickie

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Actually, I have been learning, I just seem to be learning slower than my opponents. I usually realize my errors about 5 turns after I've made them. But at least now I'm recognizing them.

Thanks,
Rick

Mad Russian

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Actually, I have been learning, I just seem to be learning slower than my opponents. I usually realize my errors about 5 turns after I've made them. But at least now I'm recognizing them.

Thanks,
Rick
Well I'm glad I'm not the only one that learns that way. :eek:

Good Hunting.

MR

Mad Russian

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
My third round opponent and I have completed our game a long time ago, does anyone know when the next round will begin?
That is Mangus I believe who is running the tournament. If need be I have the scenario and can distribute it as needed.

Good Hunting.

MR

Mad Russian

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
But we need to see what the G S site will do about finishing the tournament before I go that route.

Good Hunting.

MR

mangus2000

Reaction score
Country
ll
I have set the games for Rnd4, they are on the Tourny page but for you lazy ones here it is on the board:laugh:

I have sent out the Axis turns out tonight, if you gave not recieved yours PM me.

I have tried to match everyone who has not played each other but we have one left over and i am afraid it is poor old Swing! If anybody wants to play him or if you have a friend who might be interested feel free to drop me a line.

Last edited:

Mad Russian

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have set the games for Rnd4, they are on the Tourny page but for you lazy ones here it is on the board:laugh:

I have sent out the Axis turns out tonight, if you gave not recieved yours PM me.

I have tried to match everyone who has not played each other but we have one left over and i am afraid it is poor old Swing! If anybody wants to play him or if you have a friend who might be interested feel free to drop me a line.
Are we going to finish our games? Or do you have time for that?

If so then you need to email me the last files since Yahoo decided I didn't need my emails from 17 October to know.

Also, do you want me to do a scenario brief like I have on the 3 earlier scenarios for the players of each side?

I can do that or not as you would like.

Good Hunting.

MR

mangus2000

Reaction score
Country
ll
Are we going to finish our games? Or do you have time for that?

If so then you need to email me the last files since Yahoo decided I didn't need my emails from 17 October to know.

Also, do you want me to do a scenario brief like I have on the 3 earlier scenarios for the players of each side?

I can do that or not as you would like.

Good Hunting.

MR
I'll get those turns to you tonight, with any luck.
I should still have the scenario briefs (if i got them after my crash), i'll have a check and if so i'll send them out tonight aswell.

Mad Russian

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'll get those turns to you tonight, with any luck.
I should still have the scenario briefs (if i got them after my crash), i'll have a check and if so i'll send them out tonight aswell.
I sent you the scenario briefs for HSG EW Black Pigs. I had never sent those out before. I am also going to post the first two scenarios used in the tournament at The Scenario Depot II. I will post them with the scenario briefings as well for anyone interested.

Good Hunting.

MR

neon

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia

Am I axis or allies player for the 4th round?

antonius

Reaction score
Country
ll
Am I axis or allies player for the 4th round?
I was wondering the same thing. I've seen the list but it doesn't say who plays which side, and the list is no longer on the tournament page. I'm assuming I'm playing the allied side as I haven't received a file but would appreciate confirmation of this. Thanks