"Seeing the Elephant" Tourney

Swing

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
Hi guys,

Thanks for the kind answers. As I've joined, we have a full house with 24 players waiting for the start of the Tourney.

Good look everyone! ;)

miguel.

neon

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
This tourney looking good now with 24 odd players. For a little time there I thought that it wouldn't get off the ground with only 3 or 4 players sign up in the first few weeks. Of course I sign up first. Do I get a extra points or something. :p

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Here are the upcoming match-ups for "StE"

Ada* vs John Powderly
Antonius* vs Redbear415
Blade91 vs Kineas
Cherper* vs Stndrtnfhr
Clements vs Timu24
Duck_feet vs Thewood
Gen Schmaeter* vs Simonsezdie
Irishwop67 vs Neon*
Joe CZ vs Lone Wolf Texan
JML vs KG-Crimson
Rickie vs Weags2
Setanta vs Swing*

* = Email address sent to me (no address = no play so you have 1 week to get them into me)

Make sure everyone has signed up for the CM ladder or you won't be able to participate.:halo:

The scenarios are small as are the unit counts so everyone should be able to handle the file return rates. Players are encouraged to get in contact with their opponents (once I send out the information) to coordinate the files. They are small and can be done relatively quickly- -so you can send them back & forth and get 2-3 done a day or spread them out across a few days- check with your opponent.

Last edited:

redbear415

Reaction score
Country
llVenezuela
Palantir said:
Here are the upcoming match-ups for "StE"

Ada* vs John Powderly
Antonius* vs Redbear415
Blade91 vs Kineas
Cherper* vs Stndrtnfhr
Clements vs Timu24
Duck_feet vs Thewood
Gen Schmaeter* vs Simonsezdie
Irishwop67 vs Neon*
Joe CZ vs Lone Wolf Texan
JML vs KG-Crimson
Rickie vs Weags2
Setanta vs Swing*

* = Email address sent to me (no address = no play so you have 1 week to get them into me)

Make sure everyone has signed up for the CM ladder or you won't be able to participate.:halo:

The scenarios are small as are the unit counts so everyone should be able to handle the file return rates. Players are encouraged to get in contact with their opponents (once I send out the information) to coordinate the files. They are small and can be done relatively quickly- -so you can send them back & forth and get 2-3 done a day or spread them out across a few days- check with your opponent.

I already send my email address to you todya using the your email address on the forum please confirm if you recived it.

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
From "Mrs." Palantir:
Ok, just to keep you updated- this will start by Sept 8th.

Everyone involved behind the scenes in getting this tourney finalized/setup & underway (with all the new players etc) has been sick or hospitalized during the past 2 weeks (including Palantir).
We apologize for the unexpected delay in getting this one started.
Everyone is still recovering, we'll try to get things done as the organizers heal!

Last edited:

John Powderly

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Palantir,

Thank you and your colleagues for putting this tournament together. I'm sure it must be quite a piece of work. I hope you & yours get better soon.

So, it all starts on the 8th. Sounds good. Is it safe to assume that any news will be posted to this thread?

Again, sincere thanks. I look forward to a good time.

antonius

Reaction score
Country
ll
John Powderly said:
Palantir,

Thank you and your colleagues for putting this tournament together. I'm sure it must be quite a piece of work. I hope you & yours get better soon.

So, it all starts on the 8th. Sounds good. Is it safe to assume that any news will be posted to this thread?

Again, sincere thanks. I look forward to a good time.
I second those sentiments. Thank you and get well soon:)

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The following players are not yet registered on the CM Ladder:

Blade91
Redbear415
Irishwop67
Simonsezdie
Weags2

Also- if you have not sent me your Email address please do so ASAP.

This one should be kicking off on Sept 8th.

Players have been randomly assigned to play either the Allied or Axis side.

There will also be a "Seeing the Elephant" Help Thread for each side labled: StE Axis or StE Allied. Only players playing on that side should look at that thread. (If you are playing the Axis side DO NOT look in the StE Allied thread & visa-versa!)

If you are playing and have any game-play questions please post them in the appropriate thread. Scenario "detail" questions will not be answered (ex. does my opponent have any tanks etc.) A type question that will be answered is: "I see I have have off-board Artillery (mines/flamethrowers/etc) how do I move/use it? Will be answered.

This of course is an honesty issue- if you feel the need to cheat by looking in the other sides thread please go back to just playing against the A.I. as it doesn't care if your are a cheater- we do.

Last edited:

Gen Schmaeter

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I also salute Palantir & Co for this laudable effort.

This is one heck of a service!

Rickie

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
StE tournament

Palantir said:
The following players are not yet registered on the CM Ladder:

Blade91
Redbear415
Irishwop67
Simonsezdie
Weags2

Also- if you have not sent me your Email address please do so ASAP.

This one should be kicking off on Sept 8th.

Players have been randomly assigned to play either the Allied or Axis side.

There will also be a "Seeing the Elephant" Help Thread for each side labled: StE Axis or StE Allied. Only players playing on that side should look at that thread. (If you are playing the Axis side DO NOT look in the StE Allied thread & visa-versa!)

If you are playing and have any game-play questions please post them in the appropriate thread. Scenario "detail" questions will not be answered (ex. does my opponent have any tanks etc.) A type question that will be answered is: "I see I have have off-board Artillery (mines/flamethrowers/etc) how do I move/use it? Will be answered.

This of course is an honesty issue- if you feel the need to cheat by looking in the other sides thread please go back to just playing against the A.I. as it doesn't care if your are a cheater- we do.

Will you be emailing us about assignments? Also about just how we play the tournament. I really am rather new to all this.

Thanks
Rick

Gen Schmaeter

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
One question regarding the forums:

Won't having these forums possibly spoil the scenario for other players playing the same side?

For example, if I'm on turn 15 and ask a question but someone else is still on turn 10, won't that reveal the later content of the scenario?

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The questions answered in the threads should not spoil the scenario in anyway.

Also don't have any worries about playing, everything you need to know about playing the tourney WILL be answered in the opening email sent out to everyone.

Not only that, should you still have any questions about playing I'll even let you ask me! :p

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
EDITED 9/7:

Matchups (with changes):

Allies vs Axis

Ada vs John Powderly
Antonius vs Redbear415
Blade91 vs Kineas
Cherper vs Stndrtnfhr
Duck_feet vs Thewood
Gen Schmaeter vs Simonsezdie
Irishwop67 vs Weags2
JML vs KG-Crimson
Joe CZ vs Timu24
Rickie vs Neon
Setanta vs Swing

Clements# vs Lone Wolf Texan#

# = NO Email address sent to me. No address = no play: you have until 9/8 to get them into me or be dropped.

CM Ladder: make sure you sign up by 9/8 or you won't be able to participate. {To join the CM ladder click on the “W.A.R.S. (ladder)” tab across the mid-top bar. In the drop down menu click on the join/leave a ladder.” Select the “Combat Missions” option.}

We WILL be running 2 scenarios (rounds) at about the same time. We will start RD1 FRI/SAT then start RD2 soon thereafter. Players will keep the same side (Axis or Allies) in both but will face a different opponent in each one.

I will be posting the RD2 matchups on 9/9. The StE tourney page has been set up.

Besides for the above "missing" player info we are good to go for a 9/9 start date- this 1st round will end in 11/4/06. Players will have 8 weeks to get in 20turns. The scenario / unit count is small so this should not be a problem. :halo:

If you have any game Setup / PBEM / File questions etc I will be home on 9/9 so send me a PM or email & I will get back to you as quickly as I can. If you have any "in game" tactical or unit questions post in the appropriate StE side thread. The threads will be checked daily.

Good Luck & Good Hunting :nofear:
:salute:

Last edited:

redbear415

Reaction score
Country
llVenezuela
From my side ladder reg set and email send to you

Last edited by a moderator:

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I will be sending out all the information on 9/9, including the email addresses.

The Allied player will get the initial setup file and then send it on to his Axis opponent.

It may take a day or two for the Allied player to do & send his completed setup file to his Axis opponent.

HOWEVER, the Allied players should send an EMAIL to his Axis opponent ASAP after getting the file this lets both players know they are ready to begin.

:thumup:

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ok all you "Seeing the Elephant" players, the files will be working their way out tonight.
{minus Clements & Lone Wolf Texan}

Remember only the Allied players will be getting the GAME file: Allied players-it is a SAVED GAME FILE so save it into your CMBB "saved games" folder. (explained in the file you will get.) Axis players will save the file they get from their Allied opponent into their PBEM folder.

The Allied player should be getting his Allied setup out within 1-2 days. If you (Axis player) have not heard from your opponent within 3 days let me know!

Make sure you get in email contact with your opponent when you get the information to show you are ready to play- also explain any special play schedules you might have (only able to send files on X days, or can play weekends etc.).

If you have questions post or send a note to me.

Good luck to everyone. :nofear:

Last edited:

antonius

Reaction score
Country
ll
Thanks Palantir, it looks like an interesting scenario.
I have started my game...:bite:

Rickie

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Palantir said:
Ok all you "Seeing the Elephant" players, the files will be working their way out tonight.
{minus Clements & Lone Wolf Texan}

Remember only the Allied players will be getting the GAME file: Allied players-it is a SAVED GAME FILE so save it into your CMBB "saved games" folder. (explained in the file you will get.) Axis players will save the file they get from their Allied opponent into their PBEM folder.

The Allied player should be getting his Allied setup out within 1-2 days. If you (Axis player) have not heard from your opponent within 3 days let me know!

Make sure you get in email contact with your opponent when you get the information to show you are ready to play- also explain any special play schedules you might have (only able to send files on X days, or can play weekends etc.).

If you have questions post or send a note to me.

Good luck to everyone. :nofear:
Palantir,

Will you post here when you've emailed out the games to everyone? Just in case there is a problem with email address.

Thanks
Rick