15 Joe CZ
16 Ada
17 Irishwop67
18 Rickie
19 Redbear415
20 Blade91 - Welcome aboard :clap:
21 Lone Wolf Texan - and the same goes for you :thumup:
22 Cherper - another new face- welcome to the CM Forum!:joy:

Temporarily close the list unless we get 2 others to sign on below.
23 Setanta- glad to have you with us! :toast:
24 :hmmm:

Last edited:

Blade91

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hate to sound so noobish...but what is the process for tounement play? I have been gleening the threads but have not come accross anything yet. Let me know where to look or what to do

Thanks for your help,

Blade

Rickie

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Blade91 said:
Hate to sound so noobish...but what is the process for tounement play? I have been gleening the threads but have not come accross anything yet. Let me know where to look or what to do

Thanks for your help,

Blade

Since we're all new at this (I think), I'm hoping for some pretty good intructions in this myself. Never played anything other than AI (in this game) before, so I know nothing about how to do tournament play.

Thanks!
Rick

KG_Jag

KG Vice Kommandir
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Don't worry guys. Kerry will fill you in. I knew almost nothing about computers and had never played against another human at the time of my first tournament--CMBO in those days. If I could figure it out, it will a breeze for each of you in no time at all.

I do suggest that you read the manual. It has a great deal of useful information, including about playing by email [PBEM].

setanta

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llIreland
If there's a spare space available, I'd like to sign up as well. I've got CMBB and CMAK, only played against AI so far.

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I will be passing along instructions to the entire group at one time to save me a ton of mailings.

Don't worry everything will be explained & easy to follow, so simple in fact that even Mangus2000 could play! :p

weags2

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Too late to join?

Don't know if it is too late to join the tourney (I think I qualify as a noob). I've played a total of 4 PBEM's with CM (3-CMBB and 1 CMAK) and would love to learn and join in. I have never played in a ladder or tournement. If you need another member for an even number of contestants...I raise my hand.
WeAgs2

michammer

Reaction score
Country
ll
I am afraid I will have to withdraw before the tourney starts. I have had a couple of RL issues rear their ugly heads, and I am not going to have the time to participate for the next couple of months.

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
1 Neon
2 JML
3 Clements
4 KG-Crimson
5 Simonsezdie
6 Kineas
7 Thewood
8 Gen Schmaeter
9 Stndrtnfhr
10 Antonius
11 Timu24
12 Setanta
13 John Powderly
14 Duck_feet
15 Joe CZ
16 Ada
17 Irishwop67
18 Rickie
19 Redbear415
20 Blade91
21 Lone Wolf Texan
22 Cherper

Temporarily close the list unless we get 2 others to sign on below.

23 Weags2- Weclome to the Forum- I'm sure you'll enjoy the site & competition of your fellow CM'ers!
24 ??

Make sure everyone has signed up for the CM ladder or you won't be able to participate.:halo:

Last edited:

Cherper

Legend in my own mind
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Any idea when this is going to kick off? I am getting all tingly to play, or maybe it was the cough syrup I took this morning. :cheeky:

Swing

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
testing the waters

Hi Palantir, guys...

I don't know if I'm on time, but before jumping in I would like to ask what would be the turnaround for the games. I mean: are we speaking about a move per day? Or is it more flexible, so you have enough time to ask your instructor before moving?

And... What about the size of the scenarios?

I bought the game a month ago, and I have only played the first tutorial, as I don't like to play against a computer. I would rather to discover the game slowly, while I'm being beated again and again ;)

Thanks in advance for the info,

miguel.

mangus2000

Reaction score
Country
ll
Welcome Swing. A turn a day is about normal, you can work it out with your oppo.
Not sure how big the rounds will be but 20-30 is about the norm.

Good luck and hop[e you learn lots.:salute:

KG_Jag

KG Vice Kommandir
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Dan--I would say that a file per day for each player is about the high norm. That is except for Kerry's giant tournament battles for experienced players. In those he expects about 2 full turns per week.

Of course Kerry (Palantir) will let everyone know the expected pace for the "Elephant" Tournament. I'm sure it will be fast enough to keep all involved in the games, but not so fast as to make it chore. Remember that consultation with more experienced CM players will be available for the players in this tournament. So that factor might slow the pace just a tad.

mangus2000

Reaction score
Country
ll
I do have to add to my comment above.
I have been very tardy with my turns of late so a turn a day is much below a turn a day at the moment.:shy: :eek: :eek:

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The scernarios will be "small" overall, about 20-30 turns each offering a variety of units & the use of different tactics in each. They will work their way up in complexity.

Turns as of now will be 3+ a week as the Rounds (once began) need to be quick and completed in a short time (or no one will be Newbies when the tourney ends). We may be running 2 scenarios (rounds) at the same time but that has not been finalized.

Players will be matched up randomly: you will not be playing the same player twice.

I NEED all players on the list to send me an email/PM with whatever Email they wish to use for this tournament. Without your email I can not send you the game files.