"Seeing the Elephant" Tourney

Mad Russian

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Back from LA....great place to visit.

Hmm...why do I think Mad Russian would crush me like a gnat?:)
I have no idea...I wouldn't be attacking you would. There will be no Soviet "crushing like a gnat" to any German with Tigers unless you have something that can take them out at range.

In this scenario the Soviets are tasked with keeping the village not Tiger hunting. You keep the Tigers back at range they are safe. Question is can you do that? Are the Germans strong enough to keep the Tigers back out of harms way or do they have to come on in? Can the Soviets keep the village under their control?

You can ask anyone that has ever played me that I am a very conservative and cautious player that is very timid...both on attack and defense.... :lier: :crosseye:

I can guarantee an experience that you will not get with another player. I won't take advantage of the fact that you are new and do outlandish things to you...just ask Mangus...but wait until you finish Black Pigs, the last scenario of the tournament...he'll have an insight or two of how aggressive or passive I can be and what kind of an opponent.

You call. We can still keep trying to find somebody else.

Good Hunting.

MR

John Powderly

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
baah....how bad could it be? I've already been trashed so bad by ADA that I'm afraid to install CMAK!

Send your e-mail addy and I'll send you the most recent file.

Mad Russian

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
baah....how bad could it be? I've already been trashed so bad by ADA that I'm afraid to install CMAK!

If you are referring to playing against me, not bad at all....I'm routinely beaten.

I had a playtester beat me on both sides of my own scenario once during playtest. He beat me both as the Germans and the Russians. I just went ahead and released it after that. I knew it could be won from both sides and in a H2H match that is all I was trying to determine.

My email is:

sro_cm@yahoo.com

I always answer questions, comments or other CM issues for those that email me as well. Just make sure you put something in the title of the email that shows it is CM related.

Good Hunting.

MR

ada

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llRussia
I will email him tonight. If i do not recieve a reply in 2 days the match will be yours.
I haven't recieved responce from Gen Schmaeter since Jan 14. I suppose our game was nearly at end. I can e-mail my last turn to you.
In fact, it's a second time I've almost finished round 2 scenario :D First as Axis, now as Allies, opponnents dropping out of tourney in both cases.

Mad Russian

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Did you get my return email to you? I sent you a reply and am now awaiting your attack with my men hugging the bottoms of their foxholes....

Just so you all know, Mangus has played, or is playing me, in all four of the tournament scenarios. So that he has a good idea of the kind of scenarios that are in the tournament. Since he didn't set it up, he thought it would be good idea to play them.

He will tell you that I am a mild mannered and meek commander....:eek:

Good Hunting.

MR

Mad Russian

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Sent...I appreciate the opportunity to destroy a village....
Im still trying to get the password. If you werent too deep into the game we could start again. Or not as you decide. We can wait on the pass word and go from where you are now.

Good Hunting.

MR

John Powderly

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Starting over is fine. Actually it would probably be better because otherwise you would be tied down to a set-up that you might not want.

Mad Russian

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Starting over is fine. Actually it would probably be better because otherwise you would be tied down to a set-up that you might not want.
Your choice. If you want to start over send me your setup. If you want to wait we can.

I'll take his setup or use one of mine. If you think about it the default setup is MINE!!!

Good Hunting.

MR

Mad Russian

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Did you get the turn I sent you? Not a start up but the game in progress?

Let me know. if not I'll send it again.

Good Hunting.

MR

ada

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llRussia
Our Round 3 game with Setanta has just ended in Axis (me) major victory.
He was very good at killing my infantry as I got 24 casualties, but Tigers are Tigers.
Anyway I was surprised by 2 things - the bridge wasn't mined at all!! And I lost a lot of time moving tanks through all this scattered trees along the river . Another surprise was that Mark didn't try to sneak by river bank with his horde of T34s and rush my Tigers.

Mad Russian

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Our Round 3 game with Setanta has just ended in Axis (me) major victory.
He was very good at killing my infantry as I got 24 casualties, but Tigers are Tigers.
Anyway I was surprised by 2 things - the bridge wasn't mined at all!! And I lost a lot of time moving tanks through all this scattered trees along the river . Another surprise was that Mark didn't try to sneak by river bank with his horde of T34s and rush my Tigers.
Ok guys...if you're ready to start talking about this one then I'll open the thread. Let's don't discuss it in here.

I have opened a thread called: Eye of the Tiger...Let's Discuss Surprise! It doesn't go to the top of the page. Look for it down the thread listing.

Mangus, did you guys notice, that you have so many sticky threads here in the tournament section, that a normal thread almost doesn't make it to the front page? There should be enough posting in the tournament threads that they don't roll off the front page don't you think?

As usual, I posted my thoughts on the scenario and the strengths and weaknesses of each side. What tactics will win and what more than likely won't win.

This thread is open only to those that have finished the scenario...MANGUS KEEP OUT until we finish....lol....

Good Hunting.

MR

Last edited:

Mad Russian

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Why can I never find the tournament results????

Is there some plot to keep the tournament results so hard to find?

You guys have tons of tournaments shouldn't you have a simple way to find the results?

Or am I the only one who can't see the tree for the forest?

Good Hunting.

MR

Joe Cz

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Rd3 result

Joe Cz reporting an Axis minor victory (woohoo, that's me!) over the Soviet hordes (that's Rickie). I'll go look for the scenario thread and post some hindsight over there. Final score: 58-42.

Rickie

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Round 4?

Is there a round 4 to this tourney? How many of us are still left?

This has been fun so far (though it wouldprobably have been more fun if I wasn't on the bottom of the ladder.).

Thanks for taking over on this MR.

Rick