"Seeing the Elephant" Tourney

mangus2000

Reaction score
Country
ll
Time and the last scenario. The toughest scenario was saved for graduation!!

:hurray: :horse: :devil:

Of course, by now, you have noticed that these scenarios are pretty easy wins for both sides!

Good Luck and Good Hunting.

MR
I don't know about 1st Clash!:laugh:

Mad Russian

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I don't know about 1st Clash!:laugh:
1st Clash isn't all that tough. The Soviets have numbers and the Romanians have something far more important...intelligence. This should allow the Romanians to concentrate their firepower wherever they want it.

Either in a big block of firepower or in smaller blocks that outmaneuver the Soviets.

An all across the map advance, with no concentration anywhere, will get you cut to pieces by this Soviet tank force. The Soviets only have T-26's. The armour is like paper. So is the R2 armour. Then what is the difference? The Romanian reaction time! To put the Soviet armor in a position that it has to defend multiple threats from different directions at the same time.

A mass of Romanian tanks coming over either the left or right flank of the Soviet position will give the advantage of having to deal with only a portion of the defenders immediately while the R player has numbers in his favor. Once the S tank force starts to deteriorate the game is on it's way to the history books. Especially if there are some tanks on the other flank to take advantage of that initial OMG knee jerk when the S player sees his forces being hit on a flank with the concentrated R tanks. Once his tanks turn to face the concentration a delayed attack force moves over the ridge and then hits those tanks in the flank as well since they turned to face the concentration. At this point no matter which way a S tank turns it is being hit in the flank.

This is basic warfare. Demonstate in front of them to get their attention then hit them in the flanks. This map will allow that.

Hope this helps.

Good Hunting.

MR

antonius

Reaction score
Country
ll
Another Round 3 Result:

HSG S Surprise
Antonius (Axis) 53% -v- Kineas (Allied) 47% -- DRAW

Respect to Kineas who fought a good battle. I actually thought I had lost and feel fortunate to have achieved a draw.
A really enjoyable scenario.:toast:

Kineas

Colonel General
Reaction score
Country
llHungary
Yes, it was a good game, with a good turn rate. Thanks for the game. (No more analysis here, I almost posted a spoiler...)

Mad Russian

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yes, it was a good game, with a good turn rate. Thanks for the game. (No more analysis here, I almost posted a spoiler...)
LOL!!! No, no more analysis here. We will have a thread for this one as soon as more of you finish it. I can't wait to see the different sides of how you think this one went. Tigers and Tiger hunters!!

Palantir, Nemisis Lead, General Failure and I playtested these scenarios.
It was hard to determine how they would play with less experienced gamers than how they turned out when we tried them. I'm glad to see that they are so far doing well. My deepest thanks for the playtesting help I recieved from the playtest group.

And no matter what NL says he plays scenarios just fine!!

Good Hunting.

MR

Last edited:

John Powderly

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Still no response...

To the Tournament Coordinator,

Gen Schmaeter still has not responded to my e-mails. Sadly, I request that this Round 3 game be cancelled. Please advise. Thanks.

mangus2000

Reaction score
Country
ll
I will email him tonight. If i do not recieve a reply in 2 days the match will be yours.

How as it going? was there a probable outcome?

Mad Russian

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I will email him tonight. If i do not recieve a reply in 2 days the match will be yours.

How as it going? was there a probable outcome?
What is more important is the fact that the scenario doesn't get finished by JP...

We need to find a replacement if we can....how far along is this match?

Good Hunting.

MR

John Powderly

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The match really hadn't even started. I believe turn 1 was executed and played back, but I don't recall seeing a turn 2. He sent an e-mail stating that work was very demanding at this time, so I was patient.

If the game is cancelled, please call it a draw. There's no way to determine who would have bettered whom.

I'll be happy to match up against a substitute Red Army player.

Mad Russian

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Sign em up MR!
I asked him. We'll see if he joins now.

I don't think he has played many ladder games at all. I played him his first PBEM game a couple months ago. We have played several since then but not these.

He should hold his own now. I have tried to show him some of the basics to winning the game of CM. If he joins I guess we'll see how good a mentor I can be. Or maybe not as the case may be.... :surprise:

Good Hunting.

MR

Mad Russian

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
He decided against coming into the tournament. So we still need a body. I'll play
JP if nobody else is available. I'm pretty new to ladder games. Only on my second one. While I did make the scenario I would be on defense as the Soviets and it would make my knowledge much less important.

Whatever you guys want to do is fine with me.

Good Hunting.

MR