Seeing the Elephant- 2nd scenario!!

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hey All,

Still don't have my PC back & don't know when so, just play the side you were sent. :thumup:

As MR said no harm-no foul as we still have 2 more scenarios to test your skills against. :nofear:

The idea was to have everyone play as the attacker (or defender) in one of the first 2 scenarios and not as the attacker (defender) in both of them.

This will be corrected in rds 3 & 4. :halo:
I'm not sure how I made those errors until I get my PC back. :hmmm:

Best of luck to everyone, I hope you enjoy this second scenario!

antonius

Reaction score
Country
ll
Sounds good to me Palantir. I'm happy to attack or defend, play any nation, etc. Thanks to you (and Mad Russian) for all your work in organising this. It has been great fun so far.:toast:

Stndrtnfhr

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Jawohl Herr Palantir, I vill follow your orders. err, I mean Comrade Palantir. Who has the vodka?

Stndrtnfhr Out!

Mad Russian

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
First Clash is what you are going to make of it...it is a Meeting Engagement(ME)!

ME's are notorious for both sides rushing the flag. What you will soon discover, if you play many of my scenarios, is that I rarely do things the way other designers do them. In this case, the Soviets start the scenario sitting on some of the flags...:shock:

So, do you advance and take more flags? Do you sit still and try to hold what you've got? Do you seek hull down positions and see what the Romanians are going to do?

What do you do?

First Clash is a tank fight! It is not your normal I attack you defend kind of scenario...unless you turn it into that. I would expect a tank battle to be fairly fluid...at least it was during playtesting....:D

And as Kerry says, there are still two more scenarios to go! Both of them are...shall we say, challenging?! :halo:

Good Luck and Good Hunting.

MR

Mad Russian

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Sounds good to me Palantir. I'm happy to attack or defend, play any nation, etc. Thanks to you (and Mad Russian) for all your work in organising this. It has been great fun so far.:toast:
This is all Palantir's work! All the organising was his doing, and a great job he has done too!! :clap:

My part in this is to sit back and give tactical advise when and where I think it can make you all better players.

I have played exactly one ladder game, against the currently reigning ladder leader, he stomped me in a mud hole. :crosseye:

I have played in exactly one tournament(ROW IV I think) and was put out in round 1.

But I have playtested dozens of scenarios and gone head to head with some of the best CM gamers out there! Including from this site!

If you have questions ask them. One of my toughest opponents is General Failure! He is one of the best CM gamers I have ever seen. That's why we asked him to participate in the teaching role. His credentials look a lot like mine. :nervous:

I spend most of my time in the CM editors making scenarios, so I'm not a great gamer like Nemisis Lead or some of the others here, but I have played enough of them to know what works, and how to at least make it tough on them to beat me!!! :eek:

So, ask GF and I your questions. We'll do the best we can to answer them! All of them! I will normally try to answer your questions before you ask them. That way you don't have to wait for the answer to use the recommendation. BUT I flunked mind reading, so help me out with your questions when you have them!

MR

Gen Schmaeter

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Palantir

I just wanted to make sure you're informed that my PC is down and therefore I'm CMBB-less = (

Totally sucks, but it means I can't be in the tourney = (

Thanks for your hard work anyway

Please let me know by e.mail if there's any problems, as I can't log on to the forums often (e.mail is okay on PDA, web surfing is problematic)

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
:hmmm: Well it looks like at some point when I did the round 2 matchups (randomly for each side) I apparently "carried" over several old matches instead of dropping in the new matchups. :eek:

All I can say is: FULL SPEED AHEAD DA** THE COORDINATOR!!!! :bandit: :nofear:

:halo:

Mad Russian

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
ALL!!! If you finish this scenario very quickly and if you did it will be with a Romanian loss...maybe you could play it again. Ask your opponent to switch sides...or take the same sides if you think you can do better a second time...

MR

neon

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Is anybody looking for opponent for the second round. My opponent has drop out after one turn. :cry: I'm playing as the Allies. PM me if your are interested.

Gen Schmaeter

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hey Palantir

The Wood has yet to send me a turn and is not responding to e.mails. Maybe you could pair Neon and I together?

Stndrtnfhr

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Opponent for Neon

Palantir,
I sent an email to Neon and have not heard back. If you want to have Gen Schmaeter play him instead, I have not problem with that.

Stndrtnfhr Out!

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
AUUGHHHHH!!

Someone contact someone, and someone get a game set up, then someone can let you know who knows about it! :nuts:

Last edited: