See you at ASLOK folks !

rdw5150

it's just a game
Reaction score
First name
Roger
Country
llUnited States
Room booked, pre-registered and getting my ASLOK stuff ready already!
Dave, I am assuming your picnic is on? After all of these years one of my highlights has been attending your picnic; eating great food prepared by you and the missus; drinking heavily (of course!); watching some Sunday NFL games, then the bonfire. If we all can choose our personal idea of what heaven would be, an eternal ASL picnic comes to my mind.
One of these years I have to come for the picnic. But its hard to justify another night in a hotel for (I only live 2 hours away from hotel) for the picnic. Its already super expensive of a week.

Peace

Roger

peterd1973

Reaction score
First name
Peter
Country
llUnited States
You could get a game in before the picnic.
One of these years I have to come for the picnic. But its hard to justify another night in a hotel for (I only live 2 hours away from hotel) for the picnic. Its already super expensive of a week.

Peace

Roger

Jacometti

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada

Peace

Roger
The picknick is worth it. Give it a try one year, if you do not like it you will never be expected to show up again.

The Magnus

Reaction score
First name
Flavius Magnus Maximus Augustus II
Country
llSweden
The picknick is worth it. Give it a try one year, if you do not like it you will never be expected to show up again.
I played Hill 621 last year, and missed it. This year I will select a more picnic-compatible scenario and attend. Promise :) .

And thereby prove that I am not a teetotaler, despite all rumors to that effect :) . I just don't drink and play ASL :) . FADA.

Tooz

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I played Hill 621 last year, and missed it. This year I will select a more picnic-compatible scenario and attend. Promise :) .

And thereby prove that I am not a teetotaler, despite all rumors to that effect :) . I just don't drink and play ASL :) . FADA.
Sunday is a good day to get started on playing that ASL monster you never have time for at home. I try to start a monster (or monster playtest) by early Sunday afternoon. Around 4:00pm take a break, leaving the scenario set up ready to resume (just remember what turn it is), go to the picnic and retrun. Once you return you have to check your watch and sobriety, then decide on getting in a few turns or not. Otherwise, up and at 'em Monday morning.
While at ASLOK I have nothing else planned...

rdw5150

it's just a game
Reaction score
First name
Roger
Country
llUnited States
My buddy and I tend to play large scenarios at ASLOK as well. For the same reason: never get to play them live and FtF (we play VASL so its easier to save the file and have at it again the next week.

Alas, he will not be there this year.

Peace

Roger

FourDeuceMF

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Alas, I was actually planning on being at ASLOK for two consecutive years (having broken my 14-year absence streak last year), but I've been 'asked' to cover for an important client the same week, and will instead be in Abu Dhabi...guess I can bone up on Chap F rules...

Oh well...maybe next year!

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Alas, I was actually planning on being at ASLOK for two consecutive years (having broken my 14-year absence streak last year), but I've been 'asked' to cover for an important client the same week, and will instead be in Abu Dhabi...guess I can bone up on Chap F rules...

Oh well...maybe next year!
I dunno know... Cleveland or Abu Dhabi? Man, that is a toss up :)

pwashington

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Based on the higher AP scenario numbers that appear in some of the minis, is it valid to assume that a new AP will see the light of day at ASLOK this year?

Bret Hildebran

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
AP14 will be dropping at ASLOK - 12 new scenarios set in the Bocage fields of 1944 plus a Micro CG that hooks two of the scenarios together. 2 new maps, 1 in each style.

MMP is planning on selling it for $24 for a limited time and $32 retail.

ASLOK attendees (basically anyone who paid the registration fee) will be able to purchase 1 copy at a special ASLOK price of $20 and then as many extras as they want at $24 apiece. We'll have 250 in hand for ASLOK so there should be plenty for all, but if you want to reserve extras, just drop me an email.