See you at ASLOK folks !

The Magnus

Reaction score
First name
Flavius Magnus Maximus Augustus II
Country
llSweden
Magnus that is great. Please make sure you arrive after the World Cup is safely back in World hands. Then you can have all the fun you like.
And miss all those games? No way, Jose. I am arriving Friday for a lot of World Cup gaming. But statistically I am playing 62.5% better than I did exactly one year ago, so I might no longer singlehandedly bring down the World (didn't last year either, actually, although I probably was the single most important contributor).

The Magnus

Reaction score
First name
Flavius Magnus Maximus Augustus II
Country
llSweden
Don’t worry I’ll be there to contribute my losing record for the USA and I’m bringing a noob from NC. We are both easy pickings.
I'll play you and your noob on the level playing field of noobness. I am the tall guy with the Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson hairdo (albeit grey).

RandyT0001

Elder Member
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
First name
Cary
Country
llUnited States
I don’t know about deity status but Dunn and Argent also live there!
Demi-gods at best, more like Heroes of Classical Antiquity. There are a number of Heroes in the ASL mythology.

Tooz

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
And please help out with those that are playtesting...

Jacometti

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
And please help out with those that are playtesting...
Hi Brian,

that I cannot do at ASLOK......75% of my ASL time during the year goes to playtesting for DTF.......so when I finally get to a tournament I want to play games! And comment on the designs!

Cheers

Peter

Tooz

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
DTF? Who are they?
In other words: "DTF? WTF?";):p

Jacometti

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
DTF? Who are they?
In other words: "DTF? WTF?";):p
Brian, maybe you have been staring at all your different coloured third party counters for too long.....you must also keep an eye on the TPP scenario design scene!

The second instalment in the planned "Death To Fascism" trilogy (25 scenarios altogether is our aim) will be launched at ASLOK 2020.

Tooz

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Brian, maybe you have been staring at all your different coloured third party counters for too long.....you must also keep an eye on the TPP scenario design scene!

The second instalment in the planned "Death To Fascism" trilogy (25 scenarios altogether is our aim) will be launched at ASLOK 2020.
Understood. I no longer buys scenario packs as I already have more than my lifespan will allow to play. But, I still love the MMP, BFP, LFT and LC products. Always willing to play their new stuff.
I am not a big fan of six turn tournament scenarios. The first DTF was well received, just not my cup of tea. Yeah, I tend to like the larger, longer playing scenarios. I am first and foremost a HASL player.

Jacometti

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Understood. I no longer buys scenario packs as I already have more than my lifespan will allow to play. But, I still love the MMP, BFP, LFT and LC products. Always willing to play their new stuff.
I am not a big fan of six turn tournament scenarios. The first DTF was well received, just not my cup of tea. Yeah, I tend to like the larger, longer playing scenarios. I am first and foremost a HASL player.
Understood......HASLs are a completely different game from the DTF scenarios, which are primarily designed for tournament play. I must say I generally much prefer the actual Campaign Games to the scenarios on the same maps. I have often found those really not worth playing.

Jacometti

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I'm your huckleberry!!!!
Hi Dave,

since I know you like this type of challenge......I offer you a choice of one of the three "unbalanced-looking" Death To Fascism scenarios on ROAR, where I will take the side with the fewer recorded wins.

DTF-5 AK'44 ROAR favours AK Partisans by 10-4. I will gladly dress up as Dirlewanger's scum.

DTF-6 Magnificent Beasts of Prey favours the 12th SS Hitlerjugend defenders by 16-3. I will gladly crush you under the Soviet tracks.

DTF-8 The Art of War favours the committed Communists by 6-1. I will gladly attack using every trick in Chian Kai-Chek's little pink book. Or little black book. Or cheque book.

Let me know if that makes Huckleberry smile !

Ganjulama

Tuco B.P.J. Maria Ramirez
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
DTF-6 Magnificent Beasts of Prey favours the 12th SS Hitlerjugend defenders by 16-3. I will gladly crush you under the Soviet tracks.
This surprises me. I think it is slightly pro Russian. I played Mazzei at ASLOK lost 2 AFV and still almost won. Had I not been stupid with my tanks T1 I think I would have won. I think this scenario will even out eventually. I would play either side for a kidney.

Jacometti

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
This surprises me. I think it is slightly pro Russian. I played Mazzei at ASLOK lost 2 AFV and still almost won. Had I not been stupid with my tanks T1 I think I would have won. I think this scenario will even out eventually. I would play either side for a kidney.
I agree with you Doug, I have no idea how this has played out this way on ROAR. I have watched quite a few games on VASL and I have seen many Russians attacking very recklessly (stacks in the open shot by MMGs on Level 2). The tank battle is important, but if you reach the village with your infantry decimated there is no way you can get SS out of the buildings.

asloser

The Head Tuomo of the Finnish ASL Community
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
Hi Dave,

since I know you like this type of challenge......I offer you a choice of one of the three "unbalanced-looking" Death To Fascism scenarios on ROAR, where I will take the side with the fewer recorded wins.

DTF-5 AK'44 ROAR favours AK Partisans by 10-4. I will gladly dress up as Dirlewanger's scum.

DTF-8 The Art of War favours the committed Communists by 6-1. I will gladly attack using every trick in Chian Kai-Chek's little pink book. Or little black book. Or cheque book.

Let me know if that makes Huckleberry smile !
For what is worth (probably not much):

I have no idea about DFT-6 as I have not played it. But I intend to regardless of ROAR.

But the other two I'd happily play either side. In my opinion DTF-8 has a learning curve to it as the attacker as there are quite a lot of options and I feel I did not do the best possible job when playing it lacking focus on where I was going, still I managed to have 7 different CC locations to challenge things in the last CC so it was pretty close. In DTF-5 you have to be mindful of the CVP gap as the German, do not lose the Panther early on as I did....

Jacometti

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
For what is worth (probably not much):

I have no idea about DFT-6 as I have not played it. But I intend to regardless of ROAR.

But the other two I'd happily play either side. In my opinion DTF-8 has a learning curve to it as the attacker as there are quite a lot of options and I feel I did not do the best possible job when playing it lacking focus on where I was going, still I managed to have 7 different CC locations to challenge things in the last CC so it was pretty close. In DTF-5 you have to be mindful of the CVP gap as the German, do not lose the Panther early on as I did....
I think in DTF-5 a lot of German attackers struggle to fully grasp that they have to pretty much root out all Partisans along the road, and need to be agressive about it. And of course, don't loose your Panthers too easily or early....puts you behind the curve pretty quickly!

Paul John

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I offer you a choice of one of the three "unbalanced-looking" Death To Fascism scenarios on ROAR, where I will take the side with the fewer recorded wins.
I just reserved my room for my first ever ASLOK! World, come and get it, I'll get you back in the winner's circle, except Magnus of course ;).
Hey Peter, any chance I can get in on this offer (just back from playing CM again)?

Jacometti

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I just reserved my room for my first ever ASLOK! World, come and get it, I'll get you back in the winner's circle, except Magnus of course ;).
Hey Peter, any chance I can get in on this offer (just back from playing CM again)?
Hi Paul,

drop me a PM and maybe we can set up a game !