Secret Invasion Plans ?

Marko

Reaction score
Country
ll
Quote from orbat.com:

"One school of thought is that the US is dissembling with its leisurely buildup, and that it will launch a zero-warning attack to catch both Iraq and the world community off-guard. Barring this possibility, publicly at least the US seems inclined to soothe world opinion by giving the inspectors at least one more month, losing nothing because it needs that time to complete its buildup.

Indications are the US is planning on a 96-hour war with a maximum of six days. It will involve seizure of major oilfields by airborne assault, and a high-speed drive to Baghdad. Iraqi Army formations that do not resist will be bypassed and later disarmed; those that do will be destroyed from the air. US forces have no plans to engage in a street-by-street battle in Baghdad: we believe the rather open discussion about the US I MEF being prepared for battle inside Baghdad is disinformation. Similarly, we believe talk of the US exploring the use of nuclear weapons against the regime's deepest bunkers is also disinformation intended to persuade the Iraqi leadership that death is inevitable should they not surrender."

So I was just wondering if any Iraqi defence personnel had access to Orbat.com ?

:p :p

Deltapooh

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
So I was just wondering if any Iraqi defence personnel had access to Orbat.com ?

If they are, it would be embarrassment for the Coalition.

US Soldier: How the hell did you know we were coming in this way?

Iraqi Soldier: Oh, we read it on the Internet.

US Soldier: Damn, I knew we should closed down those sites instead of giving them all that analyzation

Iraqi Soldier: I know, and you shouldn't have published your OPLANs with diagrams at GlobalSecurity.org either.

US Soldier: I know. Dumb, dumb, dumb!

Seriously, knowing what your enemy will do to you is important. However, you must be ablt to put that knowledge to effective use. The Iraqi's should have seen the DESERT SABER flanking maneuver coming from a 100 miles. It was so obvious. However, it didn't matter. They couldn't react.

Cheetah772

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Iraqis need to have....

Yes,

The Iraqis need to have a flexible operational command of their own army units.

A good example of their inflexibility is found in the Russian Army during WWII. A lot of German strategic and tactical maneuvers were quite obvious and easily countered, however, the Russians refused to open their minds and react quickly without their superiors hovering over their juniors' shoulders.

Another good example is Giap and his nemesis, I forget his name, a North Vietnamese general who opposed Giap's plan to inflirate the lines rather than a major piece-set battle with the US Army during the Tet Offense. Eventually, they were forced to compromise, resulting in millions of soldiers' lives, and the temporary destruction of Viet Cong infrastructure. Their inflexibility and open hostility to each other proved to be their own undoing.

A key component of any good command is operational flexibility and independent minds, in the other words, a quick initiative is worth a thousand times more than a simple strict obedience to certain orders.

If the Iraqis can't learn the lessons in Gulf War, then they're bound to lose badly. But on the other hand, if they have indeed learned the lessons, then they're bound to lose, but with one twist, they will have succeeded in handing us a bloody nose, a costly one at that.

Dan