Last edited:

The Magnus

Reaction score
First name
Flavius Magnus Maximus Augustus II
Country
llSweden
The location is outside of Linköping.
This is a fantastic venue, and the best food I have ever had at an ASL tournament, by far (I started playing after the Italian tournaments were discontinued).

Please note that the present Swedish Corona travel rules last until March 30. It is up to you to guess if they will be extended or not. As of today, EU citizens can travel to Sweden if they have a valid negative Corona test report. Citizens from outside the EU, including Denmark (!), Norway (!) and the UK, must also have a valid exception (reason) to visit Sweden. ASL is for some reason not listed as a valid reason.

Special exception, if you are from one of the following non-EU countries you are welcome:
  • Australia
  • Japan
  • New Zealand
  • Rwanda
  • Singapore
  • South Korea
  • Thailand
So Aaron Clevin and Darryl Lundy can attend !!!!!
As for me, I will participate if I have had two shots in the arm. As for certain ASL players from Gothenburg, they believe in a shot of alcohol instead ("Glöm inte att ta med munsprit. Jag har hört att det hjälper, eller åtminstone så blir det roligare. ") :) .

The Magnus

Reaction score
First name
Country
llSweden
10 weeks from now the tournament starts, 10 players are pre-registered.
Interesting.

Rules can of course change, but how will you deal with the present limit of 8 people at any gathering? It is, after all, not a funeral.

Jail-time of half a year does not seem very attractive, but at least the arrest itself could be pleasant as it can be performed by the policeman participating :) .

Details in Swedish:
Det får inte heller vara fler än åtta personer på privata fester eller möten
i festlokaler, föreningslokaler och på andra platser som man kan hyra.
Men ett undantag från den här regeln är begravningar,
där det får vara högst 20 personer.
Om du ordnar till exempel en fest eller ett möte som bryter mot den här regeln
kan du få betala böter eller få fängelse i högst sex månader.

Source:
Regler och förbud - Krisinformation.se

The Magnus

Reaction score
First name
Country
llSweden
It is clearly stated in the announcement, that we have access to two playing rooms / Tillgång till stora konferensrum (och salen brevid repan om det behövs) från 16:00 eller tidigare.
Ah, so you have two tournaments with two winners. Participants in room number one participate in tournament number one, and the same for Room/tournament two. The participants in the two tournaments do not sit in the same room/at the same table during the meals, nor do the respective winners meet in a final. And the TD and vice TD are each assigned to one tournament with no intermingling.

Am I right so far?

in English there are the sayings ”following the gist of the law” and ”following the letter of the law”. You are clearly not following the gist of the law. I am not a lawyer, but I doubt a judge would say that you are following the letter of the law. Just saying.

I happen to believe that Covid is real and an absolute threat to the population. I know you do not agree with me on this at all, but this does not change a law you might disagree with, nor does it allow you to ignore it. Just saying.

Enough said, have fun at the tournament. I will see you all after vaccination and the end of the lockdown. Supporting fire is probably a realistic point in time.

The Magnus

Reaction score
First name
Country
llSweden
Never said the China virus is not real it is as real as you, your made up claim is unreal.
Read my full sentence. I wrote that Covid was real and an absolute threat to the population . You once said "The virus is not a hoax but the response policy is. Kommit över ett tjog med nya sjukdomar under min livstid, men responsen på denna är orimlig."

Rough translation of Swedish part: "I have recovered from 20 new illnesses in my lifetime, but the response to this one is unreasonable".

Thus my interpretation is that we disagree on whether Covid is a threat to the population or not. I have no problem with that per se.

We are also disagreeing whether collecting 10 people at an ASL tournament is breaking Swedish law or not. The law says:

Förordning (2021:8) om särskilda begränsningar för att förhindra spridning av sjukdomen covid-19

3 kap. Allmänna sammankomster och offentliga tillställningar

Krav på deltagarbegränsning
1 §
Den som anordnar en sådan allmän sammankomst eller offentlig tillställning som omfattas av ordningslagen (1993:1617), ska begränsa antalet deltagare till högst åtta.

Thus, the limit is not how many persons may be in one particular room at any one time. The limit is how many people may attend the full event/gathering, i.e. how many additional persons' potential infections any one person might be exposed to. The gist of the law is that any one person should not be exposed to more that 7 other persons for the duration of that event/gathering.

So if you have one event - one tournament - you cannot have more than 8 people attending. Hence, are you having one tournament or two tournaments?

If you have two tournaments, will the participants in each of the tournaments be prevented from meeting each other in common rooms such as "the other meeting room", the corridor, the restaurant, the coffee room or - god forbid - late at night naked in the sacred sauna?

I am not a lawyer. This interpretation might be wrong. Only a judge can determine if a single Friendly Fire Tournament with 10 participants is an event/gathering or not. Maybe you can make an SSR that all games are to be played with "no quarter" in place, in which case the judge could classify the whole thing as a funeral, in which case you are fine with up to 20 participants :) .

STAVKA

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
Tournament info, see link.

A new tournament will be organized 2022 May max number of participants will be 16 players.
Registration will start in January.