Secondary MF expenditures while making a Minimum Move

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
If a unit wants to make a Minimum Move, can it make MF expenditures other than the move from one hex to the other hex? May it change Location within the hex, e.g. leave a pillbox or move to another level/location in a building before moving to the other hex? May it recover SW before moving to the other hex? If it may, would it be considered CX when recovering if not CX at the start of the Minimum Move? If CX at the start of the Minimum Move? May it place SMOKE grenades before moving to the other hex? If it may, would it be considered CX when placing if not CX at the start of the Minimum Move? If CX at the start of the Minimum Move? May it place a DC before moving to the other hex? If it may, would it be considered CX when placing if not CX at the start of the Minimum Move? If CX at the start of the Minimum Move? May it exit an entrenchment before moving to the other hex? If a unit may perform "secondary" MF expenditures before making expenditure to move from one hex to the other, must that unit retain at least one MF after making the secondary expenditures to perform the Minimum Move?​
JR​

No.
No to all.

....Perry
MMP

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Perhaps the one notable item is that a unit may not exit an entrenchment before making a Minimum Move. I don't find any of the rest surprising at all. Also although I did not ask, I believe that any expenditures that combine with/alter the MF cost for moving to the new hex are still allowed. For instance Infantry OVR could be combined into the Minimum Move, as could the doubling for going to a new level and the various weather effects for changing levels during weather (rain, snow, etc).

JR

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
...For instance Infantry OVR could be combined into the Minimum Move,...
OK, per old official Q&A:

A4.134 & A4.15 Can a Minimum Move be used by a MMC to conduct an INF OVR against an adjacent SMC?
A. Yes. [Gen22.5; An95w; An96]