Second Chance Games - Email-address?

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Folks,

I was about to do something crazy: To order an Oregon Deluxe 2mm counter clipper. Which would doom countless hours of my time afterwards...

I tried Second Chance Games as this will significantly reduce exorbitant shipping cost from the US & customs to boot. However, when attempting to register on their homepage, I simply cannot get that captcha-check to be displayed:

1536870224603.png

Even if I disable all adblockers and scriptblockers it does not show. Thus I can't create an account and thus I can't order either. Maybe this is a benevolent sign from above - who knows...

Then my idea was to send them an email. To do so, you also need a Captcha which I can't see... :mad:

So, is there maybe anyone out here who could be so kind to provide me with an email-address to that I can get into contact with Second Chance Games?

TIA,
von Marwitz

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Thanks for the quick reply, Paul.

As for payment methods - do they accept credit cards (VISA)?

von Marwitz

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
Thanks for the quick reply, Paul.

As for payment methods - do they accept credit cards (VISA)?

von Marwitz
I use a BoI debit card that is VISA based without problems, so I would imagine so. By the way I edited their phone number into my previous post. I suppose you could email the order details but no CC number and then phone them with your CC if you cannot use their forms. I have done that in the past. I would never send CC details in a plain email. I have found them quite reliable and flexible and have used only SCG for boardgame stuff for nearly a decade at least.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Muahahaha... Das Fleisch ist schwach.
Tja, was soll's. Zumindest kann man sich vor dem Brexit noch exorbitante Zollkosten und dazu die absurden Versandkosten aus den USA oder Kanada, wo die Dinger sonst herkommen, sparen.

von Marwitz

Sully

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Did you try a different browser with the registration? The fact that the menu names are all horribly misspelled leads me to think that might be the problem. :cool:

In truth, sites do a notoriously poor job of testing browser compatibility. If it doesn't work in FireFox it might work in IE. Worth a try anyway.

-Sully

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
I am running firefox 52.9, and the captcha shows up fine. It is probably some plugin that is still running despite protests to the contrary. Switching to a different browser may work, but I think that is likely because the alternate browser doesn't have any plugins installed. You might also start firefox in safe mode: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/troubleshoot-firefox-issues-using-safe-mode

JR

Last edited:

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Having third-party cookies disabled might also do it. I don't know whether safe mode switches that back to the default.

JR

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I struggled to order on my tablet but managed fine on my phone. I suspect you are right about the browser.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Thanks for further inquiring, folks.

I did manage to register by now. I had turned off all ad-blockers and script-blockers. But I forgot to turn off the inherent blocking of Firefox. Doh! :facepalm:

Now I am struggling with payment. I do not want to use Paypal. So I have to call them as there is no online possibility for credit card payment. I got the phone-number to provide them with the credit card info that way. But so far, I only reached an answering machine telling be the line would be busy on a number of attempts at different times. But I will be getting there...

Meanwhile, I am convinced that some benevolent fate just wants to save me from purchasing that Oregon Deluxe 2mm Corner cutter. That way, I would spend more time with the family instead of clipping 10 of thousands of counters. I would not suffer from tenosynovitis for doing that. And I would not need to curse myself for once having started clipping and then having to follow through for countless wasted hours to get everything done properly.

On the other hand, I could just enhance my kit yet a little further by perfect clipping.

Seems like an obvious choice. Damn this hobby... :D

von Marwitz