Searching and DFF

SSTK

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I am the Russian player....

A German HS expands 1 MF in OG, then 2 MF to enter a building (total 3 MF) and then declares a Search Attempt (an appropriate pause did follow the 2 MF building MF expenditure).

The Russian player (me) wants to DFF.

Here is what I said:

1) The Search takes place before the DFF shot cause a "reasonable" pause was given.
2) The German HS is still subject to FFNAM after the Search dr cause the Russian player declared DFF before the German could state "end of HS move" cause the Search results had not been determined.

The German player states the unit is non-moving cause the Search requires a 1 MF expenditure thus using up all the MF for the HS and the Russian DFF is after resolution of the Search dr.

I counter with the HS could still declare "delayed Double Time" and gain an extra MF cause "end of move" has not been declared by the HS.

Who is right (or mostly right?)

Thanks

SSTK

Reepicheep

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
FFNAM is applicable in any case, since you are firing on the 1MF expended in the search attempt and the unit was not spending the search MF using assault movement.

Note also that even if the German player had stated "end of HS move", you can still fire on the last MF expended even if the unit still had spare MF left which had not been spent. I didn't realise this for quite a while when I was learning to play. A8.11 addresses this situation. Mid-way through the paragraph:

A8.11 said:
the ATTACKER... before moving another unit, must declare the end of the first unit's movement at which time it may be fired on as moving.
Hope this helps.

Last edited: