Sea roads (again...)

Secadegas

Reaction score
Country
llPortugal
Can sea roads (and supply) be blocked by parking naval units on them?

Specifically Crete - Cyprus - Levante sea road.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think blockading is a legitimate and effective tactic - but not sure if parking one unit on a sea road is sufficient. By this logic what about bombing the sea road to cut it off - is that not the same thing as parking a naval unit on it? Would this not be a blockade by the air, attacking supply ships with air units? And we have outlawed bombing sea roads, so... When I think of a blockade, I think of a whole fleet of ships blocking a coast line.

Secadegas

Reaction score
Country
llPortugal
I think blockading is a legitimate and effective tactic - but not sure if parking one unit on a sea road is sufficient. By this logic what about bombing the sea road to cut it off - is that not the same thing as parking a naval unit on it? Would this not be a blockade by the air, attacking supply ships with air units? And we have outlawed bombing sea roads, so... When I think of a blockade, I think of a whole fleet of ships blocking a coast line.
You can't bomb sea roads as you can't bomb land roads. Only bridges (which you can't find on EA sea roads).

As to the whole fleet blockade I understand your point but TOAW naval engine isn't the most developed aspect of the game.

TOAW supply flows everywhere (at different levels) being cut by enemy units and their non ocuppied ZOC's (zone of control) and terrain unpassable to normal land units (sea, flooded marches, major river or major canals, dunes and badlands).

Veers

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I'd say it's a fine tactic. If the Axis still has a fleet (The Italians) in the area, or any aircraft, then that fleet shouldn't last long.

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You can't bomb sea roads as you can't bomb land roads. Only bridges (which you can't find on EA sea roads).

once upon a time sea roads were able to be bombed and that was quickly outlawed. that was my point only.

Veers

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
But when I bombed a German convoy at sea on a sea road in "Race to Tunis", the sea road in that hex was destroyed. Looked just like a destroyed RR on land.
Rail lines are used in Race to Tunis, roads in EA.