Status
Not open for further replies.

Taitennek

Reaction score
Country
llNetherlands
Hi all :)

I want to report a problem with the Scenario Editor:

I was working on a scenario with SE 3.6.3 (version of 08-06-2004).....
I run it for a couple of minutes (to let naval units in a TF take in their position in the group). After that I reset the time and date.....
so far no problem. I only noticed that the ready-times for aircraft had changed (ready minus the time the scenario was running)

Now I'm working with the latest SE (3.6.3, version of 22-12-2004).
I wanted to do some work on the mentioned scenario but the game crashes directly after starting. But only that scenario which was resetted.
Other scenario's without resetted date and time working proper...

The strange point is that I don't have these problems with the older version of SE 3.6.3. Have I done something wrong????? Or is this a bug in the newest version???

Cheers,
Frans.

P.S. This thread has been posted earlier on HHQ and the AGSI forum. for some months ago. No reactions uptil now. :whist:

JClark_1

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Try taking the same scenario and re-naming it. Sometimes Harpoon gets stupid about scenario file names. Typically, when I start writing a scenario, especially a large one, I'll change the name every time I make a change to the scenario.

Byron Audler,
moderator, HULL

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
A friendly reminder - personal attacks on other Members are not permitted in here, or in any part of the War Forums. Please can we all ensure that this thread does not degenerate any further.

Dr. S.

MikMyk

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi Frans,

Please email your scenario and will be more than happy to check it out. I need to know the database and database version you are working with and it was ever rebuilt from an older db version (that version number too please). Could you also check the file sizes to see if there is any great difference from your corrupted build to the one you know works properly as it will be helpful in troubleshooting.

Now bad saves although rare can happen when constructing scenarios. Please be sure to keep multiple backup of the file so that if you have a bad save you have one you can fall back on. An once of prevention.....

Herman Hum

Composite Warfare Command
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I can't offer much help other than to say that I can confirm this buggy behaviour. I managed to replicate the problem. Perhaps Ivan Rapkinov can add it to his list of questions for AGSI.

MikMyk

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I don't really think evoking the moderator is really a point of leverage or very appropriate. Submitting bug reports to AGSI is as they are the guys that will fix it :laugh:

Last edited:

Herman Hum

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Gee, I seem to remember this question (or one very similar to it) was posted to AGSI. It was ignored and subsequently deleted. :rolleyes:

Issues that are ignored don't solve themselves. At least users are now aware of potential problems between different versions of the Scenario Editor thanks to Taitennek.

Ivan Rapkinov

Harpoon Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Taitennek said:
Still have to deal with the crash because of the fact that I played the game for some minutes in the SE mode, the different game engines c.q. scenario engines don't compare with each other.
Different versions, same version name.
Franz, I don't care about the other forums, and people's actions on them: people are judged here by their actions here.

Please refrain from personal attacks. They add nothing to the discussion.

Heavy moderating in action :D

Ivan Rapkinov

Harpoon Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Herman Hum said:
Issues that are ignored don't solve themselves. At least users are now aware of potential problems between different versions of the Scenario Editor thanks to Taitennek.
no problems with Franz's first post - it is an issue that new Harpooner's may come across. His reply to Byron is not appropriate to me.

But Mike is right, this is better served being addressed on the AGSI forums, BUT it is appropriate to let new users know of the issue.

Herman: if you would be so kind as to start a thread on known bugs/issues, we can make that a sticky here where people can post their findings -> as well as let AGSI know in a structured way when the times comes :)

then I'll sticky it.

MikMyk

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I don't think its appropriate to state or allude that AGSI is purposefully ignoring user support requests. Not because its been a big part of my job (which is why I assume he said it) but because its untrue! I can tell you right now both games are the products of the wishes of Harpooner's and most all bug fixes are spawned from mature direct reporting. This is how it will continue to be because it works :)

ee, I seem to remember this question (or one very similar to it) was posted to AGSI. It was ignored and subsequently deleted.

Last edited:

Herman Hum

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
MikMyk said:
...because its untrue! ...
Now, what part of this is untrue:

1) The same [or similar] message was posted.
2) There were no replies.
3) It has now been deleted.

MikMyk

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Herman I've given you and Frans the URL of where to seek help and support. I've even started the process on this list tonight. You want to continue the bs..fine...but expect no further response as the trollish nature of it is obvious.

Herman Hum

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Be so kind as to not include me in a description of your nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.