SdKfz 251/sMG

aneil1234

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Having a minor brain explosion
Can't remember and don't have RB handy
Can a normal infantry leader direct the fire (and the associated -DRM) of the MA(CMG)/AAMG armament of these vehicles whilst being a CE PRC ?
i.e BEFORE he gets off (with the stripped HMG) in tow)

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Only if those vehicular MGs are part of a FG which includes the Passengers.

D6.65 LEADERSHIP: The leadership modifier of any CE (or otherwise exposed to fire) leader Passenger may be used to direct the fire of other Passengers in that halftrack (including their use as a FG)

Binchois

Too many words...
Reaction score
First name
Lester
Country
llUnited States
It was JUST the vehicle MGs
Nothing else
Can a infantry leader direct the CMG/AAMG ?
As hongkongwargamer said, a passenger leader can direct the fire of a FG that includes the vehicle's non-ordnance weapons. He can not direct the vehicle's weapons without other passengers being included in the FG:

D3.4 ARMOR LEADERS: Infantry leaders have no effect on vehicular or Gun performance. However, a special class of leaders known as Armor Leaders can affect vehicular/vehicular Gun performance, although they have no effect on Personnel or non-vehicular Guns [EXC: either an Armor or a Passenger leader can direct a FG consisting of its CE halftrack/Carriers and Passengers/Infantry/Cavalry; see 6.64-.65].​

and:

D6.65 LEADERSHIP: The leadership modifier of any CE (or otherwise exposed to fire) leader Passenger may be used to direct the fire of other Passengers in that halftrack (including their use as a FG)...Similarly, a Passenger leader may direct an OVR or CC attack in which other Passengers take part, but may not be used to direct the halftrack alone.​

As an aside, it is my understanding that an Infantry leader (i.e., on foot) in the same hex as a non-moving halftrack cannot direct the halftrack's weapons - regardless of whether it has passengers participating in the FG. The same Infantry leader, however, could help rally any broken passengers onboard the halftrack (again, providing it is non-moving; D6.651).

sfcmikej

US Army Retired
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
As an aside, it is my understanding that an Infantry leader (i.e., on foot) in the same hex as a non-moving halftrack cannot direct the halftrack's weapons - regardless of whether it has passengers participating in the FG. The same Infantry leader, however, could help rally any broken passengers onboard the halftrack (again, providing it is non-moving; D6.651).
So, as a leader, I can tell the guys inside the half track to get off their asses and back in the fight but I can't make any suggestions as to what target to shoot at. ASL Logic!

Mike