SCW vs GUN

JCusick

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I see rule on SCW vs Infantry in building and armor but not sure on how to attack gun with SCW.

A SCW(bazooka 44 for example) is firing at a German 75mm AT gun 2 in woods hex 2 hexes away.

1. The base TH # is 8 - 2 (emplacement TEM), - 1 (small target) for final TH# of 5. DR is a 5 resulting in a hit. Is this the correct procedure assuming I use regular TH procedure?
  2. Next I think I use the 8FP column for BAZ44 and do my DR correct?
3. Is the gun shield +2 modifier applied to this DR?

4. If I roll a KIA result the gun and crew are destroyed, K result is gun malfunction with causality reduction (crew elimination), MC results are rolled against crew like any other MMC. Is this correct?
5.There is no CH # for SCW against gun in this situation?

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
  1. Sounds about right. The gun & crew could choose the woods TEM (+1) instead of emplacement, but they never would. In contrast they would always choose a stone building over emplacement.
  2. Right, unless a CH.
  3. Not yet.
  4. If the original result is a CH, you don't roll any effects; the gun and crew are eliminated. Otherwise you roll effects. On a KIA or K/, you don't apply the gunshield, and the results are as you state. If the original result is not Direct Hit (not a KIA or K/) and the attack is through the CA, add the gunshield DRM to get the final DR for the effects. If not through the CA then the original effects DR is the final effects DR.
  5. The CH DR for a BAZ (LATW) is always 2 (6.1). A gun hit by a CH is eliminated with its crew (6.7).
JR

Last edited:

JCusick

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
  1. Sounds about right. The gun & crew could instead choose the woods TEM (+1), but they never would.
  2. Right, unless a CH.
  3. Not yet.
  4. If the original result is a CH, you don't roll any effects; the gun and crew are eliminated. Otherwise you roll effects. On a KIA or K/, you don't apply the gunshield, and the results are as you state. If the original result is not Direct Hit (not a KIA or K/) and the attack is through the CA, add the gunshield DRM to get the final DR for the effects. If not through the CA then the original effects DR is the final effects DR.
  5. The CH DR for a BAZ (LATW) is always 2 (6.1). A gun hit by a CH is eliminated with its crew (6.7).
JR
Thanks again JR!