Screenshots

Pandur

Reaction score
Country
llAustria

EDIT

oh no damn it, i sneaked a typo into the picture. sorry for that! i better go have some sleep instead of playing that much :D

Last edited:

gascan

Reaction score
I started playing the Bergen Run last night and took a few screen shots that I thought I would share.

New York, at the head of the American battle line, booms out her fury to the interlopers. A turret was damaged early in the fight by Derfflinger, and a column of smoke rises from a second hit.

Lutzow shows numerous heavy shell hits and smoke from fires as a result of the American bombardment.

Derfflinger has suffered heavily under the 12" guns of Florida and Delaware.

A photographer on New York captures a broadside from Wyoming.

Bullethead

Storm Eagle Studios
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Obsolete DDs shouldn't play with ACs. Poor S138 seems to have suffered a large hit on one of her torpedo tubes.

gascan

Reaction score
Recently in my campaign, I ran a very successful and fun raid deep in the English Channel with Wiesbaden and Pillau. Over five days, the two cruisers captured four transports and sank eleven destroyers. It was not as successful as it could have been, since I was hounded by the armored cruisers Duke of Edinburgh and Black Prince. I decided to send Derfflinger and Moltke through the channel, hopefully bagging the two cruisers, then around north to hit the blockade ships. I sailed through in the daylight, so I could spot the cruisers at range, and avoid their 9.2" guns, but I didn't find them until darkness fell. I took the following screenshots to commemorate the event.
Derfflinger in Action
German Battle Cruisers
Duke of Edinburgh
Near Miss and Black Prince
Flying Shells and Black Prince
Moltke in Action
Black Prince Explodes
Another View
Burning Wreck

Firestorm

Reaction score
For the first time in a long time I played Distant Guns after upgrading to 1.5 and took these couple of shots during my Jap AC's encounter with the Vladivostok cruisers at night during a storm. At the end of the Russian line Bogatyr got lit up like dry timber when all 8 of the Jap AC's caught her in a crossfire. It was brutal for the poor Bogatyr and was roasting at the end. The rest of the Russian cruisers however dissapeared into the black night.

feld

Reaction score
Given the recent spate of RJW attachments...perhaps I will not bore all of the Dreadnought drivers to tears with the following Proof That AI Captains Do NOT Break for Torpedo Boats

View attachment 29480
View attachment 29481
View attachment 29485
View attachment 29483
View attachment 29482
View attachment 29484

He was already sinking by the time I decided to ram...but I wanted to stay out of the arc of his remaining torpedo tubes.

OK - yes - it was gratuitous and I should've taken a fish for it.

But it was fun!

v/r
feld

Bullethead

Storm Eagle Studios
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Given the recent spate of RJW attachments...perhaps I will not bore all of the Dreadnought drivers to tears with the following Proof That AI Captains Do NOT Break for Torpedo Boats
Thanks. That's intentional. It's what in today's highway parlance is called the "lug nut factor". Whoever has the most lug nuts has the right-of-way. Do you argue with an 18-wheeler as to who as the right-of-way? No, because not only does an 18-wheeler have 12-16 more wheels than you do (depending on what you're driving), but each of its wheels has about 3x as many lug nuts as one of your wheels. So, 20 lug nuts on the average 4-wheeled car vs. about 270 for the 18-wheeler.....

Once upon a time my DDG was coming into San Diego and a boatload of nuke protesters was anchored in a sailboat across the channel. My "special sea and anchor detail" post was the "bridge talker", wearing a headset tied to CIC to tell the ossifers on the bridge what radar saw, so I got to both see and hear what was going on. On this trip home, we had a boot ensign at the conn to learn the ropes but the skipper was on the bridge to mentor him. As soon as the protesters' sailboat came in sight around the bend about 1/4 mile ahead, the skipper asked the ensign if we could stop in time to avoid colliding. The ensign sweated heavily, squinched his brows, and to his credit gave the correct answer in only about 5 seconds. "No, sir, we can't." So the skipper said, "Then don't even try." So it was "steady as she goes" and we ran the idiots over. It was glorious :smoke:

Bullethead

Storm Eagle Studios
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Damn, Heinz, nice pics! They put mine in the shade.

2nd Cruiser Squadron, detached from the Grand Fleet for harassment purposes in the Horn Reef area, found itself cut off from home by the High Seas Fleet. There was nothing for it but to run through the Bight and escape via Terschelling. After many adventures, they finally found themselves NW of Helgoland and in contact with a rarely seen German ship, SMS Nautilus far to the south. Skirting the edge of Helgoland's batteries, they pursued to the SW and eventually got into range.

View attachment 29859

Their fire proved effective and soon the weak minelayer-cruiser was no more.

View attachment 29860

2CS managed to escape and come home OK except for 2 ships with a couple of 12" holes from the Helgoland batteries which, fortunately, did minimal damage.

Last edited:

Heinz Fischer

CCIP @ Subsim.com
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Darn, that's lucky! I'd be terrified to send ACs that close to German waters myself (although I remember doing something like that a long, long time ago). It's all fun and games until the German BCs show up!

Bullethead

Storm Eagle Studios
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It's all fun and games until the German BCs show up!
In this case, 2CS was well ahead of BCF, which was a bit ahead of GF. The Germans got between 2CS and BCF, so 2CS had a pretty clear shot home through the Bight, although there were some tense moments to start with in the vicinity of Sylt.

My ACs spend a lot of time near the Bight entrances. They clear out all those pesky German DD patrols so Abdiel can have an easier time of it and they sometimes provoke the Germans to come out and play (although usually at times when I haven't sent the big boys to support them). I lose some now and again, but they're obsolete so I don't miss them that much :)