Scott's Cheap@ss ASL Webpage

syfaulk

Reaction score
Hey dudes,
Not much of note, but my webpage (tentatively titled: Scott's Cheapass ASL Webpage) is now open. For the most part it's a place to keep the list of scenarios I want to play and a record of the scenarios I have played recently. However, there are a few old Coastal Fortress things up there as well. Book reviews that I wrote for the site and a few of the Playtest Corner scenarios.

Anyhow:
Scott's Cheapass ASL Webpage

Thanks for the bandwidth,
Scott

Matt Romey

Reaction score
First name
Matt
Country
llUnited States
Scott,

I like the Wanna Play list. Maybe you should put them all on one page. Comments:

ASL 73 - Hell or High Water. This scenario sucks. Don't bother. Jap sits and remains HIP, Marine tries to find him. Snore.

A112 - Gift of Time. You should wait to play this till WoAv2 comes out. I lobbied Perry to include an improved version.

KGP11 - The Beast at Bay. Doesn't this have a really bad balance rep? ROAR has it 6:4 G:A, but I recall discussion of this being a howler.

PB9 - Last Roundup. You don't hear much about this, but I really liked it. Lotsa options; it includes not only the battle for a town, but the approach to the town - interesting.

KH7 - Windsor Knot. All the KotH scenarios are good.

Most importantly: where are the Melee Pack scenarios!? You gotta play Curtain Kall some day!!

Matt

syfaulk

Reaction score
Romey wrote:
Most importantly: where are the Melee Pack scenarios!? You gotta play Curtain Kall some day!!
Ack! I actually put together the list a few weeks back before I got my Melee Pack, so yes, I should have included those scenarios. All of them make my "wanna play".

Matt, thanks for your comments.

-Scott

Perry

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Matt Romey said:
Scott,

A112 - Gift of Time. You should wait to play this till WoAv2 comes out. I lobbied Perry to include an improved version.

Matt
Why wait? Just because it will be better later does not mean it is not good now.

Matt Romey

Reaction score
First name
Matt
Country
llUnited States
Perry said:
Matt Romey said:
Scott,

Matt
Why wait? Just because it will be better later does not mean it is not good now.
Shrug. Probably true. Just blabbin'.

If you guys play this, I recommend ditching the overcast weather. Turns a good scenario into a great one (disclaimer: this is conjecture, I've never actually played it without overcast, but I believe it would be better).

Matt

Darkman

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Easy co

There isn't any ELR or SAN #'s for the Easy CO scenario. I liked the first tiger scenario, THATS! the kind of scenario CH should have put in their HERO PAX set.

syfaulk

Reaction score
The above link obviously no longer works as I'm no longer with that ISP. I'll get that material back online shortly.
-Scott