Scoring

cbelva

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think the main problem was with people who had low end machine, at least that is what it seemed to be with my opponent. I can't explain why people were having trouble with scoring. I have not seen this problem since installing the supplemental update of June 8th. Someone, I believe it was Gary had offered to play against someone your two scenarios to test them. If he is still interested, I would be willing. I meant to reply sooner, but have been busy.

Gary

Reaction score
Country
ll
Charles

I am still willing to test play the scenarios. Please let me known which scenario you would like to try first.

Gary

Gary

Reaction score
Country
ll
Charles,

I sent my first turn in our PBEM test game to you a few days back. Just checking to make sure you got it.

cheers

Gary

cbelva

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Sorry Gary, I got it Saturday. I was busy yesterday, but will look at it today and get my first turn back to you.

Gary

Reaction score
Country
ll
Charles and I have started our score test game using Baghdad Fumble. After I completed my moves as bluefor for turn 1 and before saving the turn I checked the score window. All was as it should be. No victory points or casulties for either side.

Charles sent me his turn one. Apart from movement of red and bluefor units the only action was the loss of one of my NAI markers and a failed attempt by red SOF team to a clear minefield.

I checked the score window, blue victory points = 100, blue losses = 37% and Red losses = 33% In the Bar chart there is a very small red column in the Manoeuvre field.

I tried this scenario out as a single player and it seemed to score fine. I guess the scoring fault could be in the PBEM mode, but fault there most certainly is.

Gary

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Gary, please do me a favor and send this to Jim Lunsford. describe to him the same thing you told me and please be sure to include which versions of the game the both of you are using. Also, be specific about which scenario it is. You should probably include a link to the scenario (in the archive0 in case he needs to download it for testing.

We'll get to the bottom of this. oh, and it would probably help if Charles sends him an email as well. The more we bring this to his attention, the more chance there is he will look into it in a timely fashion.

Gary

Reaction score
Country
ll
Hi Don,

I have just sent off a bug report to Col Jim, explaining everything Charles and I have found. I also included the scenario file, aar file and the pbem turn files. Hopefully that should provide Col Jim with everything he needs.

cheers

Gary

John Osborne

Reaction score
Don, Not trying to be a smart ass here. But I did mention that I see Jim about once a week or more here at CGSC and I would be more then happy to make sure he gets the files that shows any trouble running DA. You can send them to me or not. If you don't wont my help thats fine. Its you guys call.

John

Dr Zaius

Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
John Osborne said:
Don, Not trying to be a smart ass here. But I did mention that I see Jim about once a week or more here at CGSC and I would be more then happy to make sure he gets the files that shows any trouble running DA. You can send them to me or not. If you don't wont my help thats fine. Its you guys call.

John
Where did you mention that? I guess I'm losing my mind. No, that would be great. Please mention it to him and see what he says.

Gary

Reaction score
Country
ll
Don,

I received this reply from Col Jim today,

Thank you for the detailed email with the attached files. I tried to fix this during the summer, but I could not find enough examples that would enable me to replicate the problem enough times so that I could locate the source of the problem. At one time, I though I had fixed it. When I didn't get any more queries, I thought it was corrected. I am traveling this weekend for the holidays. However, I will try to spend some time re-examining the problem using your data. I will send you an email next week and give you a SITREP on my progress.

John, thanks for your kind offer to pass the info on to Col Jim.

cheers

Gary

Gary

Reaction score
Country
ll
Col Jim has been in touch with me. Jim and I have just started a test pbem using some re-worked software. So far we have only exchanged one turn. But so far so good. This has normally been where the score bug has hit in previous pbem games.

I took 1% loss from an air strike and that is exactly what is showing in the score window.

I will keep you posted.

Gary

Dr Zaius

Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Jim sent me the beta to test as well. I discovered last week (before I got the beta) that the scoring bug is present in non-PBEM games too. I'm still getting 35-45% losses on turn 1 in a custom scenario I built. The beta does not appear to have fixed this problem so far.

I'm reporting my results to Jim.