Sci-Fi Channel Last Night: The Buried Secret of M. Night Shyamalan

BarcelonaBlom

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
YOU WANNA TALK FREAKY... THERE IS SOMETHING UP WITH THAT MAN... I think it may be hype but since they are threatining Sci-fi with lawsuits... I don't know. But in any light any publicity is good publicity in the business... Has anyone else seen it? Im not going to spoil anything...yet...

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Originally posted by BarcelonaBlom
YOU WANNA TALK FREAKY... THERE IS SOMETHING UP WITH THAT MAN... I think it may be hype but since they are threatining Sci-fi with lawsuits... I don't know. But in any light any publicity is good publicity in the business... Has anyone else seen it? Im not going to spoil anything...yet...
Oh go on - spoil it.

Unless of course, we might get sued for repeating whatever "it" is.

Dr. S.

BarcelonaBlom

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
No I won't but if you want it....

But for the people who do want to watch it....
***************SPOILER ALERT****************

The director went to just interview Night about "The Village" his newest movie coming out here about the 30th of this month I believe... While they were doing these interviews (either ones off of an "approved" list or ones he did looking for background information) he found things that made him REALLY curious... A bunch of die hard teenage fans (one in particular) told the doc. crew that Night is "connected" to the other side. He took the crew to his house to prove this... he got out an Ouija board and they asked the question. (after playing the tape 10 times on slow mo... NO ONE WAS TOUCHING THE BOARD and there were no magnets or tricks!:scream: ) He asked Night this (about being connected) during their first interview and Night got up and left, then his Publicist went NUTS and screamed at them for asking.(She is VERY fanatical about this). Later the kid takes them to a hardcore fan website and as they are talking to someone they KNOW that the guy is there, he is wearing a blackshirt and there is a crew and camera in the room... there is no webcam either...
He keeps going deeper into this and then hears a roomer that Johnny Depp was supposed to play the lead in "Signs" so they go and investigate that. Turns out Johnny had to sign all these papers about being sworn to secrecy and that they had to answer questions with this one quote about Everyone having secrets or else it would be boring, don't you think? (something like that) and a Shaw quote... Later when interviewing Adrien Brody about the movie and when they start asking about some of the "sensitive" stuff Brody gives them THE EXACT quotes and everything. So they go off and find all of Night's movies he made when he was young and analyze them. They then visit the school that he had went to when he was younger and found a drawing of a being named "Henry." They made a copy and showed it to a children's psychologists and she said that the object of the drawing looks like a dead person. They then find one of his childhood friends and learn something that amazes me... When Night was 10 he fell through some ice in a pond... He gave her the watch he was wearing when he fell in and it stopped at 6:30... the newspapers from that time said he was pulled out of the water at around 7:05. Other things about this SAME pond said many more had fallen into it. A drawing of a boy's body emerged and it looked EXACTLY like the one that Night had drawn. The house he lived in at the time also looked EXACTLY like the one in "Signs"... to make a long story short (it was 3 hours long)... on the last scheduled interview he TOLD Night...

"We know your secret, your movies are autobiographical you are telling us about what happens to you." Night gets up leaves and the publicist throws ANOTHER fit. They finally present the finished project to Sci-fi but Sci-fi wants them to talk to Night ONE last time... They go to the abandoned set of "The Village" and wait the entire day and he never shows. But he did call and left a very hostile message about no body believing the documentary...

Essentially the details uncovered:
1. Night does talk to dead people and sees them too.
2. Night makes water a point in his movies (as a weakness) becuase of his own experience.
3. He neither has confirmed or denied the accusations.

I'm lost. IF its a stunt its a good one... if not he's only getting more publicity time will tell.

Marines

Reaction score
Yeah I saw it and it kind of freaked me out. However someone here at work told me it was a sham kinda like the Blair Witch Project so Night could get more publicity.

BarcelonaBlom

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Originally posted by Marines
Yeah I saw it and it kind of freaked me out. However someone here at work told me it was a sham kinda like the Blair Witch Project so Night could get more publicity.

Thats what I'm thinking and if it is a sham its good publicity...

Storm

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
That's right guys, it was all to hype 'The Village.'

I told people that when the previews came on.

And Sci Fi already admitted last week it was a publicity stunt.

BarcelonaBlom

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Originally posted by Storm
That's right guys, it was all to hype 'The Village.'

I told people that when the previews came on.

And Sci Fi already admitted last week it was a publicity stunt.
[BB is dressed in Black suit and overcoat with a black fedora pushed down over his head and black leather gloves. His coat collar is turned up... he stands in a dark parking garrage smokin a cigarette]

Or maybe they just didn't want to get into legal involvement with the Martians and the French.

RELEASE THE LUXEMBOURGIANS!