Schindler's list

laszlo.nemedi

Reaction score
Country
llHungary
I saw second time this movie tonight.

I hope I'll do what I have to do if the time comes...

I hope I can see (so called) enemies as human when I have to...

JAMiAM

TOAW III Project Manager
Reaction score
Sounds like last words there, buddy.

Not thinking of buying any airline tickets and visiting DC, up close and personal, are you?

CPangracs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
JAMiAM said:

Not thinking of buying any airline tickets and visiting DC, up close and personal, are you?
Every time I see one of your lame-assed posts, an old Phil Collins song keeps popping into my head. "...Re-, Re-tardio...".

Why are you the only person who can twist around what someone is saying so horribly? It's obvious the guy desires to be like Schindler and be able to help humanity if the chance ever comes, and to do the right thing despite the dangers.

You and Marko need to solidify your bond with a "civil union" to ensure you both don't pollute the gene pool,...it needs enough chlorine without you pissing in it.

Last edited:

screamer

Reaction score
Country
llNetherlands
i only saw the end of that movie, and my brother saw it at school when he was in 4th grade! mom was panicking when i wanted to see it 6months ago because it was too horrible......

tigersqn

WWII Forum Staff
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I rent it everytime one of my kids hits 12 years old. It's something I think they need to know.

Black Moria

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I saw the spirit of Schindler on several occasions when I was a peacekeeper in Bosnia in '94. A Serb man and wife who sheltered muslim refugees from the Serbian irregulars who did much of the ethnic cleansing in our area of operations. A Croatian man who sheltered Serb refugees from Croatian irregulars. Both did this at great risk to themselves, because if they were discovered, they would have been killed in an heartbeat.

I asked the Serb man why he did it. A humble response - 'Because I must...'
Here was a couple who put moral conviction and conscience above being politically correct or self interest. They knew the price they would pay if they were found out.

That humanity was so rare that I had to do my part - so the Serb couple unknownly acquired guardian angels in the form of the Canadian contingent. Anytime the Serb irregulars showed up in the area that this couple lived, our patrols made a particular point of showing up in strength and letting the bastards know in no uncertain terms that they were unwelcomed and had best move along. :devil:

For evil to succeed, good men need do but nothing....

laszlo.nemedi

Reaction score
Country
llHungary
JAMiAM said:

Don't worry Jam ( ??? are you living in DC?), concentrate on your coming baby :)

laszlo.nemedi

Reaction score
Country
llHungary
screamer said:
i only saw the end of that movie, and my brother saw it at school when he was in 4th grade! mom was panicking when i wanted to see it 6months ago because it was too horrible......
It is not horrible as a movie (at least I saw many thrillers which are more horrible), but realy makes you think of things like that...

laszlo.nemedi

Reaction score
Country
llHungary
Priest said:
Hopefully you will never have to find out laszlo.
I hope so, too, but I remember the last scene of the movie, where Schindler speak about selling his car could save 10 more people.
Sometimes you don't have to do really brave things but one little step.

MonsterZero

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I ran into the actual Shindler's List film crew on the streets of Krakow, Poland. I was a student there at the University. I was going to school in the morning and while standing on the city tram platform I noticed public transportation was not running. Spielberg arranged for the whole street to be shut down. I walked along the tram tracks and saw a line of grey Opel Blitz trucks on side of the street and a big crowd of people. It was only when I got closer and noticed German Feldpolizei with motorcycles, goggles, breast plates and those long black coats that I remember the stories of the American film crew in town. Then I saw the cameras and other equipment.

Fall 1992.

laszlo.nemedi

Reaction score
Country
llHungary
tigersqn said:
I rent it everytime one of my kids hits 12 years old. It's something I think they need to know.
I was about 14 when I was in Buchenwald (which was a concentration and elimination camp, too), and I started to understand how our personal feelings like hateness can be used by leaders to kill innocents. I changed to a man who would like to do as little harmness in world/people as I can. But I know I can be still manipulated, and a war can make me a senseless fighter maybe...

laszlo.nemedi

Reaction score
Country
llHungary
Cortez said:
That movie is excellent.

But you can't allow some film to alter your view on life and how you should live it.
Nowadays I made many research on Hungary in WWII subject, and I read many personal letter and heared many stories, that movie just made me remember for that...

laszlo.nemedi

Reaction score
Country
llHungary
Black Moria said:
I saw the spirit of Schindler on several occasions when I was a peacekeeper in Bosnia in '94. A Serb man and wife who sheltered muslim refugees from the Serbian irregulars who did much of the ethnic cleansing in our area of operations. A Croatian man who sheltered Serb refugees from Croatian irregulars. Both did this at great risk to themselves, because if they were discovered, they would have been killed in an heartbeat.

I asked the Serb man why he did it. A humble response - 'Because I must...'
Here was a couple who put moral conviction and conscience above being politically correct or self interest. They knew the price they would pay if they were found out.

That humanity was so rare that I had to do my part - so the Serb couple unknownly acquired guardian angels in the form of the Canadian contingent. Anytime the Serb irregulars showed up in the area that this couple lived, our patrols made a particular point of showing up in strength and letting the bastards know in no uncertain terms that they were unwelcomed and had best move along. :devil:

For evil to succeed, good men need do but nothing....
These are the real heroes...

Priest

Reaction score
laszlo.nemedi said:
I hope so, too, but I remember the last scene of the movie, where Schindler speak about selling his car could save 10 more people.
Sometimes you don't have to do really brave things but one little step.
True laszlo, most people who do heroic deeds don't even realize that they are doing anything heroic at the time.