Scenery

SnEaKy_GiT

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I've made lots of scenery in my time:

from 25mm to 10mm ...

trees, buildings, roads, and have even started on a whole modular board ...

jguritza

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Originally posted by SnEaKy_GiT
That among many many other things :D
Built and painted the SDF-1 for a friend way back. He actually used it in a miniatures game. All I have to say is that model was huge!

Tiger1

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I've made lots of scenery in my time:

from 25mm to 10mm ...

trees, buildings, roads, and have even started on a whole modular board ...
Can you tell us how you make your buildings?

SnEaKy_GiT

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
my buidlings are mainly the free downloadable buildings that you can find on the net ... printed off a colored printer ... then glued to cardboard and cut out ... nice and easy ...

My scratch built stuff are are mainly ruined blocks ... I use foam board, draw a design/layout and cut it out ... as it's foam board PVA glue can be used to join the corners together ...

After that all that is left is texture painting so it matches the table ...

jguritza

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If you want to go the extra mile you can build plaster buildings. I have used several model kits from

www.hirstarts.com

They have molds for walls and bridges and roads that work really well. The building sets they have are for like the Wizard’s Tower but you do not have to make it exact. You are molding the individual blocks therefore you can build whatever you want. I made some terrain for my group before I moved and we used the buildings for Stalingrad.

Paper buildings are great too. For ease of use and storage paper is good. It involves a lot time than molding the blocks. It just all depends what you want to do.

Tiger1

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
my buidlings are mainly the free downloadable buildings that you can find on the net ... printed off a colored printer ... then glued to cardboard and cut out ... nice and easy ...

My scratch built stuff are are mainly ruined blocks ... I use foam board, draw a design/layout and cut it out ... as it's foam board PVA glue can be used to join the corners together ...

After that all that is left is texture painting so it matches the table ...
Thanks SnEaky_GiT. I found some sites to download from. My wife will download them at her office this week. She has access to a colored printer.

jguritza

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks for the link. I have spend time with making rivers and some turn out very well and others are just ok. I appreciate the information.