Scenerio J60 Question

csosus

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just completed scenerio J60. I'm having a problem interpreting the victory conditions. The victory conditions are as follows verbatim:

"The Germans win at game end if they have more good order squad-equivelents on board 18 (a vehicle with functioning MA counts as 2 squads) than the American player, provided the Germans do not amass =>19 CVP"

I played the Americans and had 4.5 squad equivelents on bd 18. My opponent, the Germans had 4 squad equivelents on bd 18. So far I win. But, the Germans did amass more than 19 CVP.

Now, since the Germans amassed more than 19 CVP, do they win?, or am I missing something? My opponent says I win, but I'm not so sure.

Thanks in advance for any enlightenment.

Cory

SamB

Shut up and play!
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If the VC say "The American win if A, provided the Germans don't B" the "B" condition takes precidence. In other words, you lost.

You win if you do this - PROVIDED the Germans don't to that.... they did that, so you did not win. '

Is that clear?

Sam

csosus

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
SamB posted:
If the VC say "The American win if A, provided the Germans don't B" the "B" condition takes precidence.
If the VC said that it would be clear, BUT, the VC say he Germans win if they do "A" provided the Germans don't do "B" Do you see the delimma?

Thanks Cory

csosus

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The way I see it, if the Germans do not amass more than 19 CVP, they have to get more Squad-equivelents onto bd 18 than the Americans.
Is this a correct interpretation? Therefore I lost the game, right?

Cory

SamB

Shut up and play!
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
There is a Q&A on this scenario. The Germans win with more units on board 18 unless the Americans score 19 or more CVP.

One place you can find this is my website. http://dicetower.com/PerrySez/Index.htm or go to my home page and navigate.... http://dicetower.com

J60 Bad Luck

In the Victory Conditions, replace the second instance of "Germans" with "Americans". Also, scenario design should be credited to Mike Licari.
I guess I assumed you had the Q&A. Sorry for the mixup.

Sam