Scenarios that start out at night and then turn into Dawn.

Tooz

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I need to find any other scenarios that started out from night and then turned into day. I can think of the opposite happening but cannot recall any scenario that move from night to day. I have a scenario WIP which does this. How do I simplify the SSR? Scenario defender now has freedom of movement; cloaking counters removed--dummies eliminated and real units placed on board under concealment. Do I move to daylight with low visibility or just increase NVR? Starshells still good in this situation?
A lot to ponder so I could use other examples from other designers.

hoxson1

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Heroic Defense of Wake Dispatches DB062. 7.5 turns, first 3 are Night.
NVR 4 at start, increased +1 turns 2 and 3. Turn 4 normal day.
Japanese attacker uses Cloaking but on start of Turn 4, all Cloaked units placed on map concealed.

also this one had starshells NA

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
A76 Night Drop; I wish they had done a gradual LV to daylight though,even if only a single turn, but always a blast to play (at least in my estimation).

Major Issues

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Vince
Country
llUnited States
I have an as yet unpublished scenario that transitioned from night to day. Here are the SSRs I had:

Night rules are in effect for turns 1-3. German player is the Scenario Attacker, the British player is the Scenario Defender. The Base NVR is 3 hexes. The Majority Squad type for both sides is Normal. The lower British ELR is in effect for turns 1-3 only. (Will increase from 3 to 4.) The NVR will automatically increase by 1 on German turn 2, and another 1 on German turn 3. This is in addition to any normal increase/ decrease.

Note that the SAN is two higher than printed during turns 1-3, and that it will revert to the printed SAN at the beginning of turn 4.

All Cloaking benefits are gone at the start of turn 4; the German player receives 1-1/2 concealment counters (FRU) for each Cloaking counter still on board. These concealment counters must be placed in location(s) that contained Cloaking counters. They may be used to make dummy stacks, but not to conceal unconcealed units already on board.

At the beginning of German turn 4, all British automatically have Freedom of Movement. British SMCs/ SWs that are HIP at the start of turn 4 are placed on board under a concealment counter unless they are stacked with a HIP MMC.

Although I did not use it for this scenario, I do like the idea of having a turn of LV after night ends.

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The next Dispatches has a PTO scenario that starts out at night, then changes to twilight, then to daytime.

And, it's a monster-ish scenario.

And fun.

Stay tuned.............
Sure remember, with no degree of fond recollection, getting up at o-dark hundred and going to stand-to waiting still half asleep and probably shivering a little as you peered into the grey dawn light hoping no one was peering back. Perfect time to launch an attack, especially if going east to west.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
I have ... ends.
Just a remark about the format of your post.
If you have sight problems, use the zoom function rather than write your whole post in bold.
Bold is there to underline some aspect of what you are expressing.
Using it undiscriminately gives the impression that you are yelling at people.

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
While I would agree with you, Robin, that it does seem "loud", if it's the only thing that really works, I'll live with it. Maybe a bigger Font Size may work?