Scenarios that need Board 77?

DonWPetros

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think a grain covered hill board is good for east front battles - esp. Kursk. That said, it should be free of buildings or anything but natural features.

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think a grain covered hill board is good for east front battles - esp. Kursk. That said, it should be free of buildings or anything but natural features.
The rolling terrain of Ukraine and Eastern Russian a very well represented by this board.

I pulled the one out I bought on Ebay ($5.00) and looked at it during lunch. Definitely armor terrain and you can hide at least a Battalion worth of infantry on that board.

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Another idea for a grain-covered hill.
View attachment 23240
Grain (Kunai) and brush (bamboo) covered hills/hill-sides were quite common in the PTO along with craggy spots. Perhaps an opening for new(?) combo terrain: Brush/Grain covered Crags? Also, another terrain type not represented would be hilltop spines (e.g. Cliffs along both sides of single hexspine). Encountered in New Guinea, Leyte, Northern Luzon and perhaps the Caucasus (but not terribly familiar with the fighting there). Perhaps also encountered in Italy, Hungary, Romania and the Balkans-Greece AO to mention a few.

wrongway149

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think 77 looks OK, how else should big grain fields on big hills look? At least the colors on 77 are normal. Not even close to the way the rogues look. I have 77 and the rogues. Really quite different.

Could be some interesting combat on grain covered hills.

However I do not want to see an SSR that says grain does not exist or play on 77 when grain is out of season.

Seth
Duly noted.